With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
- Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
- Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams (e.g. swarming)
- Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
- Create and maintain incident management requests to product group/engineering group
- Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer/ engineer experience
- Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
- Drive technical collaboration & engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
- Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific.
- Fluency - Spoken and written English and Brazilian Portuguese or Spanish (including technical writing)
- 2+ years of experience in Exchange architecture or Unified Communications deployments in anenterprise environment
- 2+ years of experience and product knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and related technologies or of Unified Communications (Lync, Skype for Business, Teams, Cisco, Avaya, Session Border Controllers, etc)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with cross-team problem solving abilities
- Ability to perform multiple tasks during shorts periods of time, excellent time and stress management skills
- Foundations knowledge of mainstream Office 365 technologies (Teams, SharePoint, Exchange Online).
- Foundations knowledge on Networking, Protocols, Authentication (Basic, Kerberos, NTLM) and Scripting.
- Experience in performing problem solving analysis based on Fiddler captures, HAR, application logs and different types of data.
- Experience working with Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure AD Connect, Active Directory Federation Services.
- Experience working with Office Pro Plus (Troubleshooting).
- Experience working with DNS - Types or records, record creation, DNS management, DNS troubleshooting.
- Experience reading and analyzing server logs, network traces, Fiddler captures or HAR logs.
- Knowledge of SIP, WebRTC, VoIP, PSTN.
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, QoS, Network Load Balancing.
- Knowledge of NATs, Firewalls, Proxies.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS platforms.
- Troubleshooting experience with Office 365 Modern Authentication.
- Experience creating/executing PowerShell scripts.
- Trilingual candidates – fluency in 3 languages: Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, and English.
- Please note that shifts might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes if needed.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.