SECTION I: GENERAL OVERVIEW AND REPORTING
The Territory Manager is responsible for the promotion and sales of Siplast products and all aspects of general administration within his/her assigned territory. This is a line position, and reports directly to the Sr. Territory Manager or Regional Sales Director and generally requires the establishment of, and operation from, an in-home office.
SECTION II: DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Territory Manager will be trained in Siplast products and processes (or has been promoted), and will work closely with the Sr. Territory Manager or Regional Sales Director in performing the following responsibilities:
- Product sales, accomplished primarily through specification selling to major owners, architects, roofing consultants, and roofing contractors. Includes: identification of prospective jobs and decision-making individual, timely contact, and effective follow-up. Also includes proper use of sales and promotional tools provided by the company and development of additional tools, such as local job photos, testimonials, references, etc.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a quality select roofing contractor and lightweight contractor program, based on knowledge of contractor business, general market knowledge, and active involvement in local trade organizations and activities. This includes the management of the contractor base including regular business review meetings, training of contractor crews, and monitoring of Siplast applications.
- Technical services, including: development and/or review of roofing specifications for prospective jobs, participation in pre-job meetings (when required), conduct periodic job/rooftop inspections (in progress, final, two-year, as required), and basic troubleshooting. Work closely with local field technical representative in prioritizing and managing the technical needs of his/her territory.
- Budget management, including: sales and related business expenses, to ensure that all territory expenses are within defined limits, and policies followed.
- Develop and monitor sales budget and forecast for his/her territory.
- General administration, including timely completion of all required administrative reports & electronic updating (itinerary, expense reports, prospect lists, job quotes, shipping forecasts, call reports, activity reports, guarantee forms, factory warehouse inventory reports per established guidelines and time frames).
- Pricing administration, including maximizing price on each job, proper and timely documentation for pricing, and responsible determination for required pricing deviations, based upon job size, competitive threat, specification rigidity, etc.
- Credit administration, including assisting the Credit Manager, as required, in maintaining all accounts in a "current" or "acceptable" status.
- Field Safety:
- Adhere to Job Site Safety Practices & Mfg. Plant Safety Practices
- Wear appropriate PPE for jobsite & manufacturing facilities (i.e. hard hat, safety glasses, reflective vest, work boots, gloves, appropriate clothing, etc.)
- Exercise rooftop & ladder safety precautions
- Adhere to company policies concerning driver safety and cell phone usage (i.e. use of hands-free devices, no texting while driving, etc.)
- Exercise safe driving practices
- Follow jobsite safety standards as prescribed by contractor or building owner
- Report a job-related injury to HR immediately
SECTION III: NECESSARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Solid Siplast product knowledge and/or 3+ years comprehensive, applicable roofing product knowledge
- Face to face sales call experience
- Proven ability to establish business relationships
- Solid communication skills, both verbal & written
- Sales ability and persuasiveness
- Independence/ability to work on own
- Self-disciplined and motivated (initiative)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidence, assertiveness, tenacity, and resiliency
- Professional image – appearance and demeanor
- Effective time management skills
- Must have (and maintain) a valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record
- Ability to travel as necessary (depending on sales area, could average 3 – 4 overnights/month or more)
- Ability to have and maintain a credit card for business-related expenses
SECTION IV: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to drive car and travel without assistance (may be extensive due to geographic territory and/or the first year of training)
- Ability to climb ladders, work with heights, and demonstrate roof applications
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions (including high/low temperatures, wind, dust, humidity, etc.)
- Visual acuity to perform inspections, read computer screens, documents, etc.
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry, filing, and site inspections
- Ability to hear and speak on the phone
- Ability to bend, pull, and reach to perform filing functions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (booth, sample boxes, products, etc.)
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
At Siplast, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions. Siplast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit).
If you are an internal employee, please do not apply here. Please click on the Careers bubble in Workday, which can be accessed via the HR Portal.
Job Type: Full-time