KARK-TV and FOX16, the NBC and FOX affiliates in Little Rock, Arkansas, is seeking a digital media leader to support a sales team of 20 multi-platform account sellers. Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to excel in a collaborative environment with a driven team of managers. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver polished sales presentations to local decision-makers in a language they can understand. Candidate should be well versed in the evolving digital advertising landscape. This position will be responsible for planning and executing a strategy to achieve aggressive monthly digital revenue goals.
The Digital Sales Manager directly oversees the daily operations of the station's digital advertising business and interacts with clients and advertising agencies to maximize digital revenue. The Digital Sales Manager also assists in hiring, training, and developing Account Executives.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in digital and new product revenue as well as all digital products from Nexstar Digital
- Drives new business development
- Collaborate with Integrated Digital Specialist (IDS) to create multi-platform advertising solutions for local and national clients
- Be an effective educator and ambassador both internally and externally on the benefits of digital marketing for clients
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Manages accounts receivable for digital advertising
- Calls on accounts with Account Executives
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills :
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in sales, preferably in the digital field
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Knowledge with prevailing digital technologies such as Google Analytics, ad tagging, SEM/SEO, social media, behavioral and contextual targeting, CMC, Content management,
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent follow-up, resourceful, and self-motivated
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with multiple pending deadlines