General Summary of Position:
Identify, develop, and lead strategic direction for Sales and Marketing activities, as well as coordinate overall sales and commercial activities for assigned customer accounts and/or market segments. This position will be an integral component of Ellwood Texas Forge Houston’s commitment to increase sales growth as well as customer satisfaction and focus. Job responsibilities will include new and existing business, pricing development and quotation, tooling and capital recovery programs, long-term sourcing and productivity agreements, financial issue resolution, and continuous improvement activities. Support new product launches and monitor customer requirements in areas of quality, delivery, and engineering changes.
(Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not comprehensive listing of all function and tasks performed by position in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Identify and propose new business opportunities by contacting potential prospects; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating pricing strategies and solutions; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Work with customers and business units to enhance customer relations and interest in Ellwood Texas Forge Houston’s products.
- Recommend and coordinate pricing strategies for new contracts, new products, and price recoveries from customers.
- Advise engineering and operations management of future customer requirements and product opportunities.
- Manage, coordinate and monitor customer/market activities with a focus on speed and responsiveness.
- Work closely with Management Team to provide input consistent with our overall growth plan, strategic objectives, and develop and deploy specific customer growth strategies.
- Support development of sales forecasts.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events relevant to our business/strategy.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures. Bring problems to the attention of Management Team.
- Follow daily Procedures and Protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Normal and continuous attention to detail required to perform the bulk of job duties.
- Ability to provide written and verbal communications ranging from technical proposals, marketing strategies, customer presentations and responding to customer inquiries and issues.
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- High degree of problem solving, troubleshooting and resolution of non-routine issues; Lead activities related to solving issues and problems throughout the entire sales order cycle.
- The ability to be a project manager as needed for new parts introductions or strategic accounts
- Provides support and inputs during the stages of planning, milestones, due dates, coordination with different areas involved, throughout the final shipment to customers.
Physical Work Activities and Exposure
- Ability to travel up to 75% as required.
- Ability to escort customers and tour manufacturing facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/business or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years Sales. Experience in Military, and/or Heavy Industries markets preferred.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills along with the ability to balance technical solutions against economic and human factors.
- Excellent written, oral, planning, and presentation and organizational skills.