** This position covers, but is not limited to, the following locations: Canton, OH; Cincinnati, OH and the surrounding area**
- Strategic Management & Oversight
- Assist in the development, implementation, and ongoing oversight of the region’s marketing and strategic operating plans including but not limited to financial measurements and market share goals for all vendors.
- Review financial statements and Branch Scorecard with appropriate managers and make adjustments as needed.
- Increase financial performance of the Region as expressed by the Region income.
- Insure the maintenance, upkeep and image of all assigned inventory assets through accurate inventory management and rental processes.
- Insure region compliance with administrative processes and procedures.
- Ensure overall region success is accomplished through a team effort (vs. by individual branch).
- Employee Supervision & Development
- Promote a culture of Safety and High Individual Performance (HiP) to all branch employees.
- Assist in the development of Company incentive and award plans.
- Create and maintain a professional, trained and dedicated workforce. Identify employees with leadership abilities and contribute to the development of a potential succession plan.
- Assist in reviews of employees’ performance and wage/salary with their appropriate manager.
- Assist Branch Management and Human Resources in the resolution of employee issues.
- Perform needs analysis and supply appropriate information to corporate staff regarding desired new staff positions including the need for the new position, the cost for the new position and the qualifications needed for applicants.
- Monitor and make sure sales employees training is completed in a timely fashion per any manufacturer requirements and company goals.
- Coordinate with Branch Managers on sales related activities.
- Lead the development of sales professionals.
- Identify and communicate to appropriate corporate staff intelligence on market changes with appropriate suggestions for proactive go to market strategies.
- Increase market share in product lines in the assigned region Area of Responsibility (AOR) to achieve company goals.
- Review market share information monthly with Branch Managers and cooperate in the development of strategies to address gaps in performance.
- Coordinate field usage of company quoting and customer record management systems to increase time efficiency.
- Product Support
- Cooperate and coordinate plans with Regional Product Support Manager to assure customer satisfaction with our products and services.
- Support the promotion of extended warranty programs and preventive maintenance plans to increase both machine and product support sales.
- Identify areas of increased performance and process potential to maximize the Company’s achievement of product support absorption .
- Customer Service
- Further the relationship with customers needing a higher level of interaction and support from the Company.
- Promptly address customer complaints and resolve concerns.
- Increase customer engagement, interactions, and transactions within the assigned region Area of Responsibility.
- Assist as requested in the compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure employee documentation and training certifications are completed and submitted within the required time frame.
- Assist in the elevation of the Company’s public image including responsible employee participation in industry associations and community organizations.
- Assist with other duties assigned and directed by corporate management within the frame work of Murphy Tractor and Equipment Company, Inc.’s objectives.
- Strong knowledge of finance, marketing, sales, operations management and inventory control.
- Strong industry and product knowledge.
- Strong ability to motivate and develop others.
- Strong knowledge of customer service skills.
- Maintain and demonstrate a strong code of ethics and honesty at all times.
- Meets commitments and deadlines.
- Demonstrates openness to new structure, procedures, technology.
- Able to travel using own and company vehicles.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Skilled at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
- Identifies what needs to be done and work independently to achieve personal and region goals.
- Anticipates and accurately defines needs and problems.
- Carefully prepares for meetings.
- Understands and operates within applicable policy and procedures.
- Strong social perceptiveness and awareness of others’ reactions and understands why they react as they do.
- Able to handle sensitive and difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Adept at fostering an effective team working environment.
- Able to successfully mediate between various stakeholders.
- Listens and responds constructively to other’s ideas.
- Provides assistance to others when needed.
- Listens effectively.
- Ensures that regular, consistent communications takes place with direct reports and other employees as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Tailors the content of speech and written communication to the purpose and receiver.
- Organizes ideas clearly.
Physical Requirements and Work Schedule
- College degree preferred, with undergraduate coursework in business, marketing, finance or related field.
- At least ten years of Management experience in the Heavy Equipment Industry or any equivalent combination of education, experience, skills and abilities that enables the individual to perform the primary duties of the position.
- Must have a valid driver license without restrictions.