For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world's communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
As Manager, Financial Projects, you will have a cutting edge role in the Finance and Accounting team as the champion for innovation of our financial processes. You will immerse yourself in our financial processes and you will discover and articulate the current and future needs of the business. You will identify areas of improvement within our current processes, recommending efficiencies and best practices so we can continue to scale. You will work collaboratively with departments such as Customer Success, Business Development, Data Services, and Information Systems to identify opportunities to streamline processes through automation and technology.
For a portion of the year you will perform internal audit functions, working closely alongside the Information Security team to ensure the Company is in compliance with various certifications. You will work as part of a team alongside other management in the department to evaluate new processes, technology, and resources required in order for the Finance and Accounting department to service the demands of a fast growing, dynamic organization.
- Prepare process flow documentation through interviewing stakeholders of various financial processes across the business;
- Identify opportunities for improvement and streamlining of processes through proactively researching the use of new or existing technology;
- Ensure proposed processes result in accurate information flowing into accounting systems that is subsequently available for financial reporting purposes;
- Create new processes to address opportunities for new revenue and identify missed billing opportunities and to reduce expenses and increase profitability;
- Model the impact of changes to the business (i.e. changes to Company service lines, products, pricing, contract structure, etc.) and recommend a course of action and presenting solutions to various stakeholders alongside the Chief Financial Officer and Business Analysis team;
- Work collaboratively with internal departments to improve communication and data flow between Finance and Accounting and other areas of the business;
- Work alongside internal development teams and external implementation partners to document the new accounting and billing system requirements to prepare the Company for a system conversion;
- Project manage the implementation of new financial systems and solutions as the finance business partner;
- Work with the CFO on various financial projects on an ad hoc basis;
- Work with Finance and Accounting team to continuously improve, build, and maintain library of financial and accounting processes and procedures;
- Perform the internal auditor function where necessary for compliance with ISO: 27001 which includes designing the audit plan with guidance from external consultants, collecting relevant data, performing and documenting the results of the testing, and preparing a summary internal audit findings report for senior management.
- Qualified professional accountant (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) is preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in accounting and finance in a role of similar level of responsibilities
- Experience in full cycle accounting in the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription billing environment is an asset
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing accounting process improvements using technology
- Experience in logically and rationally documenting processes using flow charts and presenting findings to various levels of senior management
- Strong work ethic and integrity with superior communication skills that allow you to effectively work with a variety of different departments and to prepare and present to key business stakeholders
- Expert level MS Excel proficiency, with advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and time-manage
- Experience with VBA coding is an asset
- Experience with ISO: 27001 standards or other internal audits of management systems is an asset
- Attention to detail
- Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to write clear, concise, and formal business communications
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and to be entrusted with confidential information
- Familiarity with the Salesforce CRM system and cloud-based accounting applications
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to apply cognitive thinking is a must
- Ability to thrive in fast moving, fast growth entrepreneurial environment, have a 'solution based' mind set, and be proactive in driving improvements to processes and systems
At Global Relay there is no ceiling. This is the land of opportunity for the energetic, intelligent, and driven people that make this company great. The combination of the right people in the right positions and a rapidly growing company means unlimited career potential.
You will receive the mentoring, coaching, and support that you need to reach your personal and career goals. You'll be part of a culture that promotes and rewards hard work and creativity and will grow into the new opportunities that are available to you.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.