At RES, we believe that human progress and the restoration of nature’s resources can go hand in hand. Our belief made us what we are today - the nation’s leading ecological restoration company, with over 300 stream miles restored and conserved, 20,000,000 trees planted, and 15,000 acres of special-status species habitat established. We restore our land and waters with integrity and innovation, one community at a time.
Do you want to be part of a team whose talent and dedication are unmatched in the industry? We are currently accepting applications to the role of Sales and Business Development Manager (Ecological Restoration) based out of Sacramento, CA.
The Sales and Business Development Manager (Ecological Restoration) will drive sales by establishing trusted advisor relationships with clients, prioritizing RES team execution against qualified demand, and delivering comprehensive ecological solutions to clients.
- Owns the client trusted advisor relationship: prospects, identifies, and prioritizes solution needs
- Drives the solution: responsible for establishing commercial focus and sense of urgency with team in new opportunities; development of proposals, pricing, and deal-specific terms; and contracting
- Builds, maintains, and converts sales pipeline into company bookings; accountable for sales results
- Engages the Solutions Analyst to optimize client-facing activity and to research and vet new opportunities
- Engages Marketing to develop market-specific collateral and campaigns
- Leads local business development strategy for client and third-party stakeholder collaboration
Core Working Relationships:
Members of RES regional & corporate teams inclusive of sales, business development, marketing finance, legal, land, regulatory, project management, operations, and government affairs
- RES client base comprising public and private sector infrastructure developers in addition to federal, state, and municipal government entities with water resource compliance mandates
- Broad spectrum of third-party stakeholders including environmental permitting firms, engineering and design firms, EPC firms, environmental attorneys, regulatory agencies and associated resource agencies, non-governmental conservation groups, chambers of commerce and other economic development entities, client industry associations, etc.
- 7 or more years of sales or other applicable professional experience
- Working knowledge of the ecological restoration/mitigation and/or water resources/stormwater management industries within the state of California
- BS/BA in a field with nexus to job description; Masters or other advanced degree program a plus
- Direct working experience with RES client base and/or third-party stakeholders detailed herein
- 10 or more years of client-focused, performance-driven, complex solution sales experience within the ecological restoration/mitigation and/or water resources/stormwater management industries within the state of California
- RES Sacramento Office, RES client and third party stakeholder offices, occasional travel to RES regional or corporate offices, occasional field/site visits, entertainment/recreation events
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.