Digital Advertising - Account Executive
Friday, July 23, 2021
In this key role, you will manage current business and upsell if necessary. You will also
prospect for, close, and manage new business. The business type consists of local and
regional businesses. The representative will meet and exceed monthly goals by generating new
business and growing existing accounts.
The Philadelphia Inquirer is a public benefit corporation owned by the nonprofit Lenfest
Institute for Journalism. Together, we’re at the center of a critical mission to create a lasting
future for ambitious, engaging, and useful local journalism. We’re doing this, in part, by
deepening our connection with the communities we serve. Our integrated digital and
print platforms are the Philadelphia region’s largest media network. We’re passionate about
building a sustainable model for indispensable local journalism, and we take pride in finding diverse, dynamic, and talented individuals to help push our team forward.
What You’ll Do
- Prospect and develop relationships with decision maker(s) of new and existing advertisers
- Drive revenue growth to meet and exceed sales goals
- Understand clients' industries and trends to be conversant in ways to help them grow their business using the company's advertising and marketing solutions
- Fluent in The Philadelphia Inquirer’s digital, traditional and experiential (events) product mix and offerings
- Partner with internal digital strategy team to present client with best in class digital solutions
- Conduct comprehensive client needs assessments to create strategic multimedia recommendations for the client to implement a measurable and successful advertising/marketing program
- Use CRM for all sales activity; process tracking and meet activity standards for calls, meetings, proposals etc.
- Partner with an internal client success team while they manage campaigns and interact directly with clients, post-sale.
Who We’re Looking For
This position often requires face to face interaction with clients in the field. The most successful candidate will be committed to customer success and possess a can-do attitude.
Strong attention to detail, great time management and being a team player are all important
traits in this exciting role. The candidate selected will be a quick learner with a strong
familiarity and track record of selling compelling integrated media campaigns that deliver
successful results based on a consultative sales approach.
Other Things to Know
We know not everyone reading this will fit exactly what we’ve described. We encourage
everyone to apply who shares our passion for indispensable journalism and our drive to
create a sustainable business model to support it. As an equal opportunity employer,
The Inquirer is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture, and we especially
encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people
of color, LGBTQ people, and people with special needs.
- Pay Type