Kinsley Power Systems is growing and seeking a Sales Engineer to add to our team!
The Sales Engineer focuses on prospecting and closing commercial/industrial power generation applications, including related equipment (transfer switches, switchgear, load banks, fuel tanks, etc.).
Kinsley Power Systems, a family-owned business, has been an industry leader in generator service, sales and rentals for over 55 years. We are dedicated to exceeding our customers’ expectations in an environment that is enjoyable and rewarding.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for pursuing new project opportunities and closing sales
- Influences quote development, appropriate equipment and support services, project terms and conditions and ensuring customer support exists through the equipment warranty period
- Meets or exceeds quarterly sales quotas by driving sales with targeted customer types in identified verticals, as well as identifies opportunities with existing accounts in assigned territory
- Negotiates and closes deals which derive significant revenue and associated margins
- Understands the company's complete suite of products and services and identifies and hands-off cross-selling opportunities to other business verticals: residential equipment, rental agreements, prime power equipment, service contract sales
- Makes joint sales calls with appropriate technical/engineering sales resources - providing in-depth technical knowledge of the solutions we have to offer
- Develops long-term relationships with customer decision makers and influencers at the electrical contractor, engineer and building owner levels
- Maintains customer/project data in Customer Relationship Management software (CRM): Tracks active projects for weekly and monthly reporting, documenting of business development activity, and obstacles to success
- Consults with inside sales team on specification review to identify customer needs convertible into a quotable finished goods solution while influencing price/margin parameters.
- Identifies third party suppliers to support the project specification.
- Represents Kinsley in local, regional, and national tradeshows, working groups, and seminars
- Collaborates with sales team members to enhance capabilities, product knowledge, territorial/geographical knowledge and policies for the betterment of each other and the customer base
- Assists in annual sales forecast, develops and implements sales and business development strategies to exceed forecasted goals
- Stays up-to-date on competition, competitive issues and products
- Performs all related duties as required
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Proven passion and success in sales required
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Possess a strong customer services focus with good verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven competency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overnight travel as required
- Possess and maintain a current, valid state driver’s license
Note: Essential functions are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position, but are not intended to be comprehensive. Ordering of essential functions does not necessarily reflect importance of item.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.