Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for Business Analyst. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Burnaby, British Columbia
This BA will be documenting processes for the compliance changes required to be compliant with NERC CIP standards. Junior Business Analyst Professional with the following capabilities:
- Requirement gathering experience. This individual will need to facilitate conversations with multiple Subject Matter Experts (SME) and document process flows and requirements
- This individual should have strength in and proven experience writing process design/function design documents.
- Experience in compliance related processes (MRS Reliability Standards, NERC CIP)
This individual will be working with SMEs to document processes, identify alignment opportunities between stakeholders and identify/resolve gaps.
- Translate business insights into strategic, actionable options by obtaining and organizing key business information, enabling informed decision-making.
- Facilitate decision-making across diverse groups of stakeholders by using excellent skills in communication, critical thinking, and persuasive influencing to deliver recommendations that align to the business goals.
- Maintain meaningful business relationships by prioritizing strategic considerations in a complex environment with diverse groups of stakeholders so that projects are implemented as planned.
- Plan and organize business initiatives by using knowledge in business drivers, risk tolerance, and trade-off processes, to enable successful integration and adoption in complex and regulated environment
- Must have 8 years of experience with at least 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Must have demonstrated experience writing process design documents and functional design documents
- Must have demonstrated experience in requirement gathering
- Experience with documenting compliance processes (such as MRS, NERC CIP) is a strong asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
- Candidates must be located in Lower Mainland
- The resource can work from home to start. They will be required to work onsite in Edmonds once covid worksite restrictions are lifted at least 2 days per week.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.