citizenM is an affordable luxury hotel chain for mobile citizens of the world. With style that will knock your socks off, we offer citizens a real home from home, plus the world’s fluffiest pillows. Our typical guest is a frequent traveler who is quality and design driven, and value conscious. We currently have hotels in the Netherlands, France, UK, Switzerland, Denmark, USA and Asia, with more to come soon. We are proud to put hospitality back into the hospitality industry, and have received numerous awards for our groundbreaking approach. We like to do things differently. This means our hotels are not traditional… and neither are our support offices. We're open-minded, with kind hearts and global minds. citizenM loves diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from anyone.
The sales director’s mission is to sign up corporate accounts into citizenM’s global portfolio. Ambition, global thinking and total dedication are the qualities the next citizenM sales director has in abundance. You’ll be supporting the affordable luxury revolution in the USA, by expanding citizenM’s efforts, creating new sales opportunities and establishing strong corporate relationships.
- Responsible for sourcing business from LA to the entire cM portfolio. California is a complementary market for all existing properties and the ones opening soon. Love for prospecting is the key to the success of this duty.
- Account management: ability to demonstrate account penetration. It is key to the growth and success of citizenM’s corporate base.
- Develop action plans to initiate short and long term sales, continuously working and assessing efforts. This will guarantee quick wins and staying on track.
- To be the primary point of contact for the assigned corporate accounts. Clear and open conversations with contacts are what we strive for since day one.
- Maintaining sales systems up-to-date will support your account management activities and reporting accuracy. Once you see results, it becomes an addiction.
- Keep strong and continuous cooperation with the central commercial team based in the Netherlands and the global sales team. Together everyone achieves more.
qualifications / skills
- 5 years minimum hotel commercial work experience in sales role
- California corporate network developed
- Experience in cross-selling multiple local and regional properties (preferable)
- Fluent in written and spoken English and preferably Spanish or Portuguese
- Ambitious: strongly wants to succeed
- Assertive: be outgoing and confident
- Flexible: ready and able to change and adapt to different circumstances
locations / hours
- Based in Los Angeles, California USA . This is a full-time position.
citizenM loves diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from anyone.