Bring your energy and passion to the B.C. Wildlife Federation (BCWF).
The B.C. Wildlife Federation is British Columbia’s leading conservation organization. As a province-wide member-driven charitable organization, with over 43,000 members and more than 100 member clubs, our organization represents the interests of all British Columbians who aim to protect, enhance, and promote the wise use of the environment for the benefit of present and future generations.
The BCWF's Strategic Objectives are:
1. To ensure the sound, long-term management of British Columbia's fish, wildlife, park, and outdoor recreational resources in the best interests of all British Columbians, and to coordinate all the voluntary agencies, societies, clubs, and individuals interested in that objective, and
2. To develop and support a comprehensive educational program to make all British Columbians aware of the value of British Columbia's fish, wildlife, park, and outdoor recreational resources, and to arouse in the public conscience a recognition of, and a respect for, the place of fish, wildlife, and outdoor recreation in the wise integrated use of the nation's natural resources.
Read more at https://bcwf.bc.ca/vision-mission-values/.
The Business Development Manager leads the planning, growing, securing, and retaining of B.C. Wildlife Federation’s revenue streams, i.e., the “ships” – Donorship, Membership, Partnership and Sponsorship. This leadership position will play an integral role in ensuring the necessary partners are engaged, and public funding and corporate partnership/sponsorships are in place for the B.C Wildlife Federation to continue to do vital conservation work and advocate on behalf of the members’ interests.
To be successful in this role it is expected that the candidate would approach development with a tactical plan for aggressive growth targets, specifically with membership, partnership, and sponsorship. While some of this is in place, you’ll be reaching into both your networks and ours to build/maintain new and existing sponsor and partner relationships.
In addition, this role collaborates closely with Marketing & Communications, Programs & Operation, and Data & Systems departments to ensure a holistic approach in resource mapping to support the growth strategy.
This role is a full-time, permanent position and allows for an office and work from home hybrid model, depending on business needs. The office is conveniently located close to Hwy 1 and the Golden Ears Bridge. Standard hours of work are Mon-Fri, 8:00am – 4:00pm. Occasional evenings, weekends and/or extended hours will be required to accommodate activities and events.
To support a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community; women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized individuals, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversity of our workforce, are encouraged to express their interest.
Qualified candidates may submit current resume and cover letter via email quoting “Business Development Manager” to: the "jobs" email address listed
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Department: Business Development
Reports To: Director of Operations and Programs
- Maintain a positive, healthy, and safe work environment which encourages diversity, engagement, and growth for team members.
- Work closely with BCWF’s Senior Leadership Team to ensure a comprehensive understanding of each asset and funding opportunities.
- Responsible for working with the Board of Directors, and Leadership to establish revenue and growth-based goals and to effectively communicate these goals to staff, and other stakeholders, as well as ensure the goals are being met.
- Responsible for executing existing funds development (donorship) opportunities including the conservation lottery, online auction, and 50/50s. Additionally responsible for creating new donorship opportunities.
- Act as a connector and spokesperson, ensuring effective communications with stakeholders, stewarding them, and keeping them informed on and engaged in our work.
- Collaborate with Programs and Operations (Membership Processing), Marketing and Communications Manager, Data and Systems (CRM) as well as other departments to determine resource needs for growth strategy, creating a holistic, bottom-up approach to growth success and implementation.
- CRM entry, tracking and reporting of business and funds development activities.
- Create and implement the annual funds development plan and budget, including fundraising targets and strategies for donor acquisition, retention, corporate giving, sponsorship, and all fundraising initiatives.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications Manager, on all fund development related communications.
- Manage consumer fund-development initiatives and value-added revenue generating opportunities including lotteries & on-line auctions.
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with donors and prospects to create long term sponsorship opportunities.
- Develop and implement stewardship, tribute, and legacy programs for the Federation.
- Expand, procure and service BCWF Affinity Partners and corporate members.
- Develop & implement membership sales campaigns and strategic fundraising initiatives.
- Prepare annual Business Development Plans and Budget, in collaborate with Marketing and Communications, and report to Director of Finance and Board of Directors.
- Lead on, develop/refine BCWF membership recruitment, retention, and engagement (RRE) architecture, while maintaining managerial oversight of major organizational budgets, needs, targets, and timelines.
- Oversee the success of established goals and strategies, in collaboration with other departments.
- Lead, manage and execute all fundraising plans and ensure the organization stays on track in reaching its targets and staying within budget.
- Seek corporate sponsorship opportunities and build opportunities with private funders.
- Source and secure private and public grant applications.
Competencies and Skills
- Solid experience and established track record in sales and business development showing consistent growth.
- Hands-on financial management skills, including market research & analysis, target setting, budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting.
- Authentic leadership with demonstrated ability to collaborate with and inspire others to strive towards a shared vision.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, written and oral communication skills, and public speaking ability.
- Education: Post-Secondary education in Business Development or Marketing.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is based on Experience. A base salary (range $70,000 - $85,000) plus growth-based commission.
- Comprehensive extended benefits package available upon successful completion of 3-month probationary period.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
In response to Covid-19 the BCWF has adopted a hybrid work model. While we have some employees working from the office, masks are required. Other employees are able to work from home, and when needed, from the office.