VOTI Detection is seeking a Business Development Representative to join our U.S. sales team. The person in this role will have a primary responsibility of sourcing new business. They will work to disrupt the legacy security providers and position VOTI’s X-ray solution into U.S. government critical infrastructure and private sector customers.
After demonstrating an ability to source and nurture prospects, this person will develop into a quota-carrying account executive and manage the full sales cycle, from initial prospecting to negotiating on price and closing the deal.
Who We Are
Growing rapidly, VOTI Detection has become an important player within the X-ray security space. We are known for providing an innovative approach to a dynamic security landscape of constantly evolving threats.
Our X-ray install base ranges from the Supreme Court of Canada to the Supreme Court of Louisiana. We service the cruise terminals of LA and Miami and provide event security at the Super Bowl. We are the preferred vendor of Fortune 500 companies, and we help small U.S. County governments secure their historic courthouses. In every case, the sales team’s mandate is to develop a tailored solution to complex security needs.
We are building our business to include forward thinking, proactive individuals who are wired to think critically. We are eager to mentor and help team members overachieve on their goals.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, resourceful, and big picture thinker, with excellent communication skills. You bring positive energy to your work and are focused on winning business and helping our customers find solutions. You are committed to results, are upbeat, and highly organized. This is a brand-new role. You will be working as part of a team of professionals who love what they do and are counting on you to help shape the future!
- Building pipeline by engaging with prospects and, initially, setting up qualified meetings for Senior Account Executives
- Employ an organized strategy to source, engage, and nurture prospects via phone, email, and LinkedIn
- Understand our unique value proposition to effectively position solutions to different customers
- Work with senior management to develop and execute on a sales strategy, and be held accountable to a quota
- After initial on-boarding (3-6 months depending on performance), frequent travel to the U.S. for client meetings and trade shows.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in sales (1-2+ years)
- Proven track record of executing a successful business strategy
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Ideally some familiarity with or ability to quickly learn software tools including Salesforce CRM, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- sales: 2 years (preferred)