Are you excited to build a service that is lean and mean, where throughput and latency matter the most, while keeping the highest bar of quality?
If you value unit tests, TDD, refactoring, simple and efficient designs, ensuring quality by using all available tools and a team that is egoless, then you are what the Messaging team is looking for!
In the Messaging team, our day to day job involves working on some of the toughest and coolest distributed challenges like:
- Build real-time data ingestion services which supports millions of messages being processed per second with 99.99% service availability.
- Build highly reliable distributed storage systems which supports low latency/high throughput for ingestion relying on cutting edge technologies like Azure Service Fabric.
- Supports SAAS applications like Office 365, HALO, App Insights, Xbox Live and many more
- Support hundreds of thousands of Azure applications where the messaging services are the backbone for core features like: Triggering of event notifications, asynchronous, reliable communication, telemetry and diagnostics.
- Integrate with ecosystems such as: IoT applications, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Functions and Logic Apps.
- Deliver Azure Messaging services to Public Cloud, Azure Stack as well as Hybrid environments.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent industry experience)
- Solid CS fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded, asynchronous programming, strong inclination for architecting at scale
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.