The Sales Manager role is a key member of the DSV Road, Sales Organization. DSV Road Sales Managers are responsible for developing and expanding our North American Brokerage Services through direct customer sales. Customer Targets range from Transactional and Committed relationships to Contractual partnerships. Sales Managers are trained and empowered to sell across DSV Divisions but primarily sell DSV Road’s Suite of Services, including but not limited to, FTL, LTL, Intermodal and myTMS (DSV Road’s online customer portal).
The Sales Manager is responsible for a geographic territory but has the potential to follow freight and client needs on a national level. They play an important role in identifying and developing relationships with prospective clients, and existing customers, that typically go beyond a single point solution. DSV Road Sales Managers have a high degree of autonomy to manage the sales process with the full support of the DSV organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and maintains a sales pipeline of qualified prospective clients, within a defined geographic territory, in order to achieve set sales targets.
- Targets and secures clients that are a match to the ideal product profile, ideal client profile, and are in line with the Company strategy.
- Sells DSV Road product offerings including, but not limited to:
- Dry, Temp Controlled, Flatbed
- Traditional LTL and Consolidated
- Transport Management (TMS)
- Specialized trucking (out of gauge, project related)
- Reviews and identifies opportunities through the Sales Process in order to maintain a successful pipeline and achieve sales targets.
- Maintains the short-term relationship with the client to ensure satisfaction with the solution(s) provided and drives growth with the client.
- Takes accountability for coordinating the successful implementation of services sold to operations divisions responsible for day to day Commercial and Execution handling
- Ensures successful handover of the client to the retention/account development executive to ensure a sustainable long-term relationship
- Identifies integrated service offerings by liaising with cross business units for support to create breadth within the client’s supply chains and strategic relationships.
- Ensure sustainable on-going revenue (SOP, SLA, KPIs and RFQ).
- Engages with Senior Management on target clients and aligns DSV's services to their supply chains by means of a sale.
- Compiles and delivers proposals and presentations that are current, accurate, and in line with Company standards in order to secure new business.
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or experience in lieu of education.
- At least 2 years industry experience in Domestic Transportation
- At least 2 years relevant outside sales experience
- Agile decision maker with marked effectiveness
- Proven track record of significant growth in Gross and Net revenue
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and visual presentation, communication skills
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Proficient with computers and their programs, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Familiar with working in a CRM (Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, etc.)
- English (reading, writing, and verbal).
- Persistent in the pursuit of business
- Both sales and operationally inclined – can sell as well as deliver
- Customer centric approach with Account management experience
- Outstanding conceptual thinking skills – ability to formulate creative solutions to address customers’ needs
- Excellent relationship building skills from dock managers to the C-suite
- Continuous improvement and self-development that benefits individual and others
- Strong creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Displays good judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment - must work well across multiple business units
- Internally motivated
- High integrity
- Working knowledge of Transportation Software – TMS, Brokerage or other – Advantageous
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities. Travel is required for this role domestically and internationally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to travel by automobile, airplane, etc. up to 80% of their time for both domestic and international.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com