The overall objective and purpose of the Senior Group Sales Manager is to prospect Group Sales opportunities for the property to maximize revenue.
- Determine, develop and execute action plans against existing and new target accounts to achieve and exceed sales revenue expectations. (Sr. GSM is expected to come with a “book of clientele” to include accounts; segments and territories.)
- Develop, maintain ongoing relationships with competitive set and customers and actively participate in community organizations and professional associations to maintain visibility and market share. (Sr. GSM is expected to come with current relationships and active participation in comp set and organizations.)
- Continually target and prospect new business using marketing and sales resources.
- Have a working knowledge of the hotel's surroundings including the history, culture and points of interest.
- Qualify incoming leads and send proposals, contracts and addendums if needed to negotiate group business using marketing and sales resources.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines.
- Establish method of payment, process initial deposit and/or begin the direct bill application process prior to turnover to Event Services Manager.
- Follow up on outstanding proposals and contracts to effectively close business.
- Process definite contracts and route information effectively and appropriately to the hotel turnover catcher who in turn will forward on to the following Grand Performers using the turnover process: Group Coordinator, Event Services Manager and Controller.
- Analyze competition, market trends and customer needs to continually assess the productivity against established goals and budgets.
- Analyze historical, current and future hotel performance to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed his/her individual sales goals and sales budget.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to include restaurant, spa, gallery and outlets.
- Manage account details so all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented in required sales and catering system.
- Conduct tours of property to meeting planners and other potential customers while informing of all hotel services available; entertain customers on property during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate. Completed required site forms to alert the hotel of the tours.
- Track monthly production towards quarterly sales goals set forth by management using required documentation.
- Competently utilizes the required systems/equipment and platforms to effectively evaluate availability, profitability and track the progress of groups from proposal through execution.
- Maintain accurate, organized and up-to-date files including computer filing and sales platform records (attachments, traces, activities, etc.).
- Complete business evaluation process to maximize revenues for rooms with the Revenue Manager and catering with Catering Director or Manager.
- Actively participate in all sales/operational meetings to include National Sales Organization collaboration.
- Quarterly travel is required to attend customer events, conducts outside sales calls and participate in trade shows.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with national franchised brands.
- Knowledge of all Kessler Collection hotels to effectively cross-sell.
- Complete required reporting and documentation.
- Use logic, integrity and sound judgment when making business decisions by considering the big picture, operational needs and impact on other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Group and Catering Sales Experience REQUIRED – 5 years minimum
- College degree - preferred
- Hospitality or related industry experience - required
- Previous sales experience – required
- Valid Driver’s License – required
- Knowledgeable of Top-Accounts for the Hotel – preferred
- Sales Platforms – CI/TY, Delphi, Opera, KHMS, Knowland, etc.
- No Direct Reports
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, stand, stoop, bend and crouch up to 8 hours daily.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs.
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization