Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
Cloud computing continues to allow us to modernize and consolidate IT infrastructure, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation. To continue this transformation, we're seeking an experienced Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud engineer with expertise in the strategy, design, implementation, operations, support, and maintenance of large-scale infrastructure in the cloud. The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based infrastructure, with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, and ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient. Extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance, experience managing managed service providers and cross functional teams, and advanced industry knowledge is key to keeping us on the cutting edge. From day one, you'll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth. Responsible for implementing enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will be securely integrated with current applications.
- Design, implement, and maintain a secure and scalable infrastructure platform for delivering Cloud Services' applications.
- Ensure internal and external SLA's meet and exceed expectations; Continuously monitor and improve system centric KPIs.
- Work in tandem with our development and engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based (AWS) solutions for the enterprise.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding AWS application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of the infrastructure.
- Analyze system requirements and ensure that systems will be security integrated with current applications.
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with CyncHealth security guidelines, such as HIPAA, HITRUST, etc.
- Coordinate and manage vendors to make sure SLAs are met and work is performed in accordance to the contract.
- Act as a liaison across cross functional teams to ensure infrastructure needs are met.
- Serve as a point of contact for Cloud infrastructure related troubleshooting and, along with the Tech Ops team, provide on-call and escalation support for infrastructure related issues.
- Follow all CyncHealth and applicable regulatory security protocols and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with and managing cloud infrastructure preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in AWS platforms required. Related experience will be considered as an alternative.
- AWS Certifications are preferred – Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Advanced Networking.
- Knowledge of virtual firewalls, IPSEC VPN tunnels, and networks in AWS cloud environment preferred.
- Prior healthcare IT experience is a plus.
- Experience in migrating standalone infrastructure to AWS preferred.
- Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected framework preferred.
- Proven ability to collaborative with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts, Managed Services Providers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work from La Vista, NE office with reliable and predictable attendance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.