Sunrun is the nation's #1 home solar company. We believe that everyone should control their own power. We believe that instead of paying more and more each year for dirty power people should have a choice. Our vision is to create a planet powered by the sun by giving homeowners a cheaper, cleaner choice of power. And our mission is to lead the transformation of the energy industry and make solar the preferred way to power homes. We will deliver a compelling customer experience, create a sustainable cost advantage and be the catalyst for explosive growth in home solar.
Many homes do not qualify for solar as-is and require construction upgrades to safely install solar panels. The Home Upgrades team identifies and enables upgrades to roofs, electrical systems, and structural supports of homes to allow solar installation when they would not otherwise qualify.
We are looking for a talented person to join the Home Upgrades team. The Construction Planner is responsible for reviewing homes and identifying any necessary upgrades. Construction Planners will create the required scopes of work, and communicate daily with the Sales Representative, Design partner and local branch operations. You’ll make a difference by educating sales partners on various home improvement projects and negotiating solutions. Our goal is to move accounts through our processes quickly, affordably, and without compromising quality. We strive to provide outstanding customer service and a positive project realization. You will be the facilitator of this experience and make a lasting impact.Responsibilities:
- Make key decisions on behalf of Sunrun in determining what construction work is required to enable solar installations.
- Evaluate, define, and scope the electrical, roofing, and structural projects. Which includes determining install sequencing, if a permit is required, and if a further site visit is needed to accurately determine the price or scope of work.
- Ensure accurate bids and pricing are generated for each project as it directly impacts customer and Sales Representative payments ranging from $2,000 to $50,000 per project.
- Interface with Design and Site Survey teams to collect sufficient information about the home and solar system to make the best decisions for upgrades.
- Effectively communicate with Sales Managers when upgrades are required to determine the best scope of work for the customer.
- Attend all customer huddle calls and speak to the needed upgrades for each account while also reviewing accounts live during the call to ensure no needed upgrades are overlooked.
- Stay up to date with AHJ specific requirements and exceptions to ensure the all homes will pass inspection after upgrades are completed.
- Assign work utilizing resources to smart assign based on resources, capacity, scheduling lead time and cost.
- Review all completed upgrades and ensure they are all completed according to the scope of work and quality standards set with our internal crew and third-party contractors.
- Establish a strong relationship Sales teams and local branch operations to properly support their needs for construction projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Trade Professional license is highly preferred including Journeyman Electrician, Master Inspector, General Contractor license.
- 2+ years of solar installation experience is preferred or equivalent roofing experience
- Must be self-directed, problem solver and an independent thinker
- Acute awareness & ability to manage to deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Be able to manage several projects at once in a fast paced work environment
- Highly proficient with desktop applications such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Gmail, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels and departments of the organization
- Possess a positive attitude with strong customer service skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to understand key business concepts at a macro level
- Good analytical and structured problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt quickly to rapidly evolving business processes
- Proactive self-starter and can identify what needs to be done and craft the thought process and drive implementation on a decision or project with minimal oversight
- Identify opportunities for improvement, determine the root-cause of problem areas, analyze data, and solutions
- Extensive background and knowledge of residential electrical systems; knowledge of residential structural and roofing is a plus
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.