Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Our customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Macy’s Marketing delivers a healthy, profitable customer franchise that is growing through engagement and acquisition. Our team leads strategic initiatives such as personalization and monetization, as well as our Star Rewards Loyalty program.
Take the helm of one of the world’s most beloved brands and help bring it to life for our customers. As part of our team, you’ll own, guide, and direct marketing efforts, motivating our customers to strengthen their relationship with our brand. Constantly creating, innovating, and exploring the new, you’ll drive customer engagement and loyalty while sparking excitement.
Macy’s Media Network is looking for a dynamic self-starter to join our growing team. We are seeking an experienced Programmatic Media Buyer to join the Advertising Operations team. We are expanding our team to include buy-side and sell-side capabilities to maximize opportunities for our partners and Media Network revenue and the Senior Media Buyer will have the opportunity to help shape our internal capabilities and offering. The candidate will work closely with the MMN Sales, Account Management, Client Analytics and broader Ad Operations team to coordinate and ensure campaigns are delivered in full to meet client goals and objectives.
This Programmatic Media Buyer position will be part of our Campaign Management team and responsible for executing and optimizing vendor/advertiser campaigns. Candidates should be well versed in programmatic media planning and the bidding/buying process as well as using first party data for targeting. Excellent technical, project management and analytical skills as well as attention to detail are required. Perform other duties as assigned
- Traffic and execute audience extension and other programmatic campaigns in demand side platforms spanning multiple media channels.
- Monitor campaign delivery and optimize performance against clients’ goals.
- Devise and implement strategic bid strategies to maximize delivery and margin.
- Provide analytical and status reporting at campaign level.
- Compile trend reporting and insights on bid strategies to share with team.
- Contribute to the development and operations of the Advertising Operations team.
- Closely monitor marketplace trends to surface new opportunities for growth, present findings to internal stakeholders and recommend action.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5+ years related experience
- 5 - 8 years media buying experience, preferably digital/programmatic utilizing DSPs such as DV360, MediaMath, AppNexus.
- Strong background in digital media, campaign management and direct response practices.
- Familiarity with advertising technologies on the buy-side of the online ad landscape including survey, data collection, verification, behavioral targeting, cookie matching and exchanges.
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.