Do you love movies, music, video games & streaming television? Do you want to work with some of the most innovative media content creators on the planet?
Annex Pro is seeking an experienced and motivated technologist with a passion for the Media & Entertainment industry. On a daily basis we work with an impressive variety of creative, technical and businesspeople, all with one goal: Telling the best stories imaginable!
This is an opportunity that will reward a talented individual with fulfilling work in an exciting industry, with career advancement possibilities, in a transparent and positive corporate culture. This position reports to the Sales Director and collaborates closely with the entire sales department across Canada.
As a Solutions Architect with Annex Pro, you will be a strategic designer and planner of technology solutions for our customers. You’ll be exposed to a continuous stream of new technologies for media production and entertainment content creation. You’ll be expected to assess these solutions, and credibly advise customers on how they add value to their business requirements, which may include reducing costs and enhancing security. Working backwards from defined customer outcomes, you’ll design and recommend scalable, flexible and resilient solutions, being ultimately responsible for implementing these solutions to a successful conclusion.
Annex Pro headquarters is in the Grandview-Woodland area of Vancouver, on major transit routes, just a couple of blocks from "the Drive".
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build deep relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor for their complex media content creation workflows
- Support achievement of revenue objectives through the design, adoption and support of complex hardware and software solutions for content creators in Media and Entertainment (VFX, CG Animation, Videogames, Post-production, etc)
- Work closely with the sales team in the field and remotely to educate customers on the value proposition of Annex Pro solutions
- Pre-sales technical lead, participating in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
- Advise the sales team on hardware configurations based on customer requirements (custom workstations and servers, networking, remote and virtual environments)
- Develop and refine professional services offerings based on customer requirements
- Contribute to internal and website white-papers and blogs as a means of scaling your knowledge
- 7 years' experience in IT for Media & Entertainment content creation is preferred
- Solid grounding in the integration of complex solutions including networking standards
- A fundamental breadth of technical knowledge in on-premises and cloud data storage management, networking and data security, virtualization solutions, data protection, backup and disaster recovery and data analytics
- Experience of implementing remote workflows for VFX and Animation
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT managers, and developers
Key experience should include certification or equivalent in some or all of the following:
- Knowledge of software such as Autodesk Maya, 3dsMax, Toon Boom Harmony, Adobe Creative Suite, Foundry Nuke, Blackmagic Designs Resolve, FilmLight, ZBrush, Unity
- In depth knowledge of Tier 1 storage such as Dell/EMC Isilon
- In depth knowledge of VMWARE
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Windows, Mac and Linux System Administration
- Teradici or RGS remote workflow solutions
- Realtime game engine integration (eg: Unity, Unreal)
- Production Management integration (eg: ShotGrid, Perforce)
- Scripting/Programming experience to improve/customize workflows
- Project Management training & experience
- A confident blend of deep technical and business acumen
- Ability to communicate (verbal & written) effectively with a wide variety of technical and businesspeople, including C-level executives
- Enthused about achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ability to orchestrate multiple outside contributors to accomplish a goal
- High level of personal accountability
- Goal-oriented high performer
- Ability to empathize with customers
- Dependable, organized, positive and takes initiative
- Capable of efficiently creating Statements of Work, from customer & vendor-supplied information
- Possess a full comprehension of spoken and written English (+French an asset)
- Able to lift and move computer workstations and servers
- Full time position
- Home or office-based depending on location
- Occasional evening, weekend and holiday work may be required
- Canada & USA travel 25% of time (travel temporarily on hold)
- Excellent, flexible benefits package
- Reimbursement for costs of maintaining certifications
- Employee discounts on software and hardware
- Regular "Free Lunch” and professional development sessions
PS- We recommend including a brief, personal cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for this job
ABOUT ANNEX PRO
Headquartered in Vancouver since 1983, with offices in Los Angeles, Toronto and Montreal, Annex Pro is strategically partnered with Media & Entertainment industry leaders such as Autodesk, Avid, Wacom, Lenovo, EIZO, Dell & hundreds of others. Thousands of our customers use the hardware, software, cloud and remote workflow service solutions we provide to create awe-inspiring animation, visual effects, videogames, video streaming content, immersive audio experiences and digital media of all kinds on every platform. We operate in a high-profile industry and take our jobs seriously: We're a crucial step in helping customers bring their dreams to life, which is important to them, and exciting for us! We do that by listening closely, being proactive, transparent and ethical in all our dealings. Plus, we have created a positive work environment where customers and staff are treated with respect. Continuous improvement is part of our DNA, so we welcome feedback from the team. We are leveraging our unmatched industry experience to assemble a team of bright, passionate, inquisitive people who want to make a difference in M&E.
Annex Pro is building an inclusive workforce that's representative of the diverse group of customers we serve. We hire based on leadership qualities, good character, willingness and expertise. We invite you to apply, irrespective of gender, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability, age or faith.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $95,000.00-$125,000.00 per year
- French (preferred)
- English (preferred)