Requisition ID: 111100
Roynat Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, is a national lender and investor with expertise in providing innovative long-term capital solutions for mid-sized companies utilizing senior term, subordinated debt, as well as mezzanine capital and common share equity. We provide tailored solutions to clients for acquisitions, business expansions, wealth monetization, and working capital enhancement. With a national presence in Canada in major markets, Roynat assists growth-oriented companies in reaching their goals across a wide range of industries.
Analyst, Technology and Innovation Banking - Roynat
We are seeking an Analyst for the Technology and Innovation Banking (TIB) team who has a strong interest in early-stage / growth-stage technology companies and who can provide the support needed on new debt opportunities and ongoing portfolio management and monitoring.
The Analyst will interact primarily with the following partners: Other members of the TIB team, Global Risk Management, Customer Success Team, the Business Service Center.
Strong organizational skills are necessary to manage significant data from multiple sources and balance various tasks from client service administration to borrower reporting processing to credit related support.
The Analyst is responsible for providing the following services to a portfolio of existing and prospective clients:
- Collect and record receipt of monthly financial reporting by TIB clients. Fill appropriate trend sheets with collected information, follow up with RMs/clients if items are overdue. Track outstanding items.
- Monthly updates on the Portfolio Monitoring Spreadsheet with key data on client performance.
- Review results, escalate to RMs any signs of deterioration
- Update appropriate bank systems to ensure client files are complete and appropriately documented in various systems (eg. SDR, e-tracker etc.)
- Provide general support as necessary in the annual review process, CCTs and other credit related situations needed to maintain portfolio quality.
- Assist in populating portfolio monitoring system with company information: financials, budgets, KPIs.
- Spread Financial Statements into Credit Lens to generate credit rating for new customers and Annual Reviews.
- Assist in preparing Annual Reviews on existing clients by providing support on credit presentations.
- Assist in Legal and Closing Process: Draft borrowing base and compliance certificates as per approved term sheets
- Assist senior team members in review of potential new opportunities by reviewing client financial models, drafting deal summaries, analysing industry trends and competitors.
- Assisting in adhoc requests from management to gather specific data points on portfolio or prospective
Education / Experience / Other Information:
Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, Technology, Sciences, or related work experience
- In progress professional designation i.e., CPA, CFA, or CVB, etc. or MBA is considered an asset
- Ability to work with data feeds, large Excel files, build reports in Excel, merge various data sources, VLookup, Pivot tables
- Thorough understanding of financial statements
- SQL, VBA, Excel Macros Power BI, Tableau preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years of commercial banking, portfolio management, or credit risk analyst experience
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and desire to learn and understand the Technology and Innovation industry segments, the Technology and Innovation business banking marketplace in Canada, and knowledge of the assigned market area’s key prospects, major companies, and competitive positioning within the assigned market area
- Passion in working with entrepreneurs in the tech space
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and oral) that enable the incumbent to effectively articulate views both internally and externally
- Strong knowledge of relationship building and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A high level of energy, commitment and strong sense of teamwork are needed to be successful in the role
- A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to a wide variety of tasks & functions with changing priorities and demands.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.