Western Regional Sales Manager
Denver, CO, USA Portland, OR, USA Req #343
Tuesday, June 29, 2021
We are hiring Rockstars to join our Sauer Brands team!
Overall Goal of Position:
The Regional Sales Manager position is accountable for the achievement of regional volume objectives, forecast accuracy, promotional execution, distribution targets, new item speed to shelf, SRP management, and retail execution.
This position is responsible for customer headquarter account management at Safeway, Target, Costco, Sprouts and other regional customers. The RSM position is responsible for delivering creative, fact-based solutions and thought leadership that will help build Sauer Brands at assigned customers to help make [email protected]
- What are we making?
- A safer, stronger, more sustainable Sauer Brands that forges a prosperous future for our families
- Why are we making it?
- To excite and delight our customers with inspired flavors
- How do we make it? With
- Executional Excellence
- Where are we going? / What does our “product look like?
- One of the most respected food companies on the planer, known for our passion, expertise relentless pursuit of excellence.
Responsible for proactively managing, monitoring, evaluating and holding the accountability for the overall business plan to meet all volume, profit and share objective. Primary focus is to (a) Achievement of sales objectives and specific volume goals through regional broker team management, execution of account plans and brand strategies that will meet key performance indicators (KPIs), (b) manage relationship with customers, brokers, and internal resources (c) manage trade plans and profitability of sku mix. The West RSM reports directly to the VP of Retail.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achievement of sales objectives and specific volume goals through regional broker team management, execution of account plans and brand strategies.
- Focus on achievement of optimal MAPS (Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing and shelving) by account.
- Manage trade funds to support marketing and promotional plans, determining pricing and distribution and negotiating with key accounts in a direct sales environment.
- Develop and leverage relationships at all levels of assigned customers.
- Leverage category, brand and shopper insights from IRI and Nielsen.
- Develop and deliver customer plans to achieve objectives within budget.
- Deliver short & long term solutions through best practice thought leadership.
- Present annual marketing plans to retail grocery customers (distributors, direct and indirect grocery retailers) and execute plan across a diverse customer base.
- Lead the regional broker sales team within the geography.
- Work closely cross functionally to produce timely business updates for senior leadership.
- Understand retailer ecommerce platform and how it aligns with brick and mortar to maximize sales and profitability of both channels.
- Work closely with Customer Service to ensure on time deliveries and manage deductions.
- Work as an escalation path with Credit and Collections for past due accounts.
Performance Standards (the criteria that will be used to evaluate performance):
- Business Key Performance Indicators
- Commercial-Revenue, Gross Margins, Distribution
- Brand Health-Share growth, Distribution growth, Velocity per ACV point, channel development, net price growth
- Spending Effectiveness
- Pricing and margin optimization
- Trade spending optimization
- What you do and how you act
- Leadership and contribution to overall success of SBI
- Personal Effectiveness-meeting timelines and productivity requirements (quantity and quality of work)
- Personal interaction, communication and teamwork with internal and external parties, consistent with [email protected]
What We Are Looking For:
- Personal Characteristics
- Entrepreneurial drive and the desire to “build a business”.
- Outgoing, energetic, and results oriented personality
- Overall confidence in one abilities and comfortable communicating the facts
- Smart, creative and inquisitive
- Integrity-Does the right thing even when no one is looking
- Disciplined approach, and accountable for KPIs.
- No excuses mindset
- Dependable team player with positive attitude
- Personal values that mesh with SBI values
- Passion for consumer goods and foo
- Performance History
- Documented history of making improvements in assigned work area/responsibilities
- Demonstrated progression in size and scope of responsibilities
- Stellar references based on contributions and performance
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following Areas
- Ability to present information, internally and externally, in a succinct manner to drive to decision making.
- Skilled at building relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, brokers and internal cross functional teams.
- Utilize data to analyze situation and make decisions.
- Understanding of forecasting models and tools
- Ability to work and thrive under time constraints and prioritize responsibilities.
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- Drive to compete and win every day!
- Education & Experience:
- BS/BA degree in business or related technical discipline.
- Advanced degree would be preferred
- 10 -15 years of CPG selling experience desired, with a minimum of 5 years of significant interactions with relevant accounts
- Condiment and Spice experience a plus
- Albertsons/Safeway experience a plus
- Specialty distributor experience a plus
- Based in Western U.S. Region
- Preferred locations are Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Denver, CO; Reno, NV; Las Vegas, NV; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; and Sacramento, CA
- Travel required (30-40%)
What Is In It For You?
Our company acknowledges talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Disability Insurance
- Other Voluntary Insurance Options
Sauer Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, disability, national origin, veteran, other protected status or any other basis.
- Pay Type
- Travel Required
- Travel %
- Required Education
Job Type: Full-time