We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As a Senior Project Manager for New Glenn, you will report to the Fluids Subsystems and Program Management Directors, and directly support all aspects of project management to include cost, schedule, technical design, risk & opportunity, and change management. You will use your project engineering skills to organize budgets, schedules, and program plans to ensure development, qualification and production hardware is delivered and support the various campaigns. You will use your technical background to understand and effectively communicate with Blue Origin internal organizations and suppliers to guide project planning. You will build subsystems project management plans and manage project schedules, WBS, and cost, as well coordinate schedules to integrate the subsystem development with the overall vehicle programs. You will present status, risks & opportunities, variances, and recovery plans to engineering and program management. You will manage the subsystem business rhythms and develop/communicate key program metrics with visibility in both Florida and Washington.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Bias for action and passion for our mission and vision are required!
- B.S. Business, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Management, or similar
- 8+ years’ experience program management and business management in a development environment
- Experience leading multidisciplinary development projects, including managing requirements, priorities, scope, schedule, and cost
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Project Management Tools such as MS Project, P6 Primavera or similar
- Aptitude for hands-on problem solving, with a passion for spacecraft systems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-starter, strong bias for action
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- MBA or M.S. in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or systems engineering
- Experience with launch vehicle development, production and operations
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience. Experience with critical path scheduling, IMP/IMS, risk management, requirements management and Cost Account Management such as EVM.
- Experience building tools to for Data Analytics with SQL, Excel Power query, or Tableau
- Experience with verification, integration, and test, of orbital launch vehicles or human rated spacecraft.
- Strong business management acumen and experience interfacing with large, geographically dispersed programs with large subcontractors.
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158. Learn more about the ITAR here .
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here .
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at [email protected] .