Full-Time Showroom Consultant
Bartle and Gibson Co. Ltd. has been in business since 1944. We are an independent industry leading distributor in plumbing, heating and electrical supplies across Western Canada and the North West Territories. We are committed to providing our valued customers excellent service and our team members an exciting and positive workplace.
As the Showroom Consultant, you are the face of Bartle & Gibson. You are welcoming and enthusiastic providing exceptional customer service to every customer you serve from Tuesday to Saturday or Monday to Friday, dependent on business needs. You greet all your clients and guide them through the process of finding the right products and purchasing.
You have a friendly, outgoing personality and are in search of a career opportunity to build upon your existing sales experience. You have the industry knowledge, ease of self-expression and communication skills of a great sales representative and know what it takes to keep your customers happy. You are adept at understanding customers' needs and are comfortable making product recommendations to meet those needs.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will prove yourself to be an excellent representative for Bartle & Gibson Showroom focusing on growing our business by working with customers who visit our showroom to find their ideal and unique product packages and solutions. Your main job duties are but not limited to:
- General reception duties
- Work with customers (homeowner, builders, designers) on the phone and in person to choose bath and kitchen products that fulfill their specific needs, demonstrating thorough product and pricing knowledge
- Maintaining the pristine of showroom products, show suites; displays are kept clean with an appealing presentation
- Schedule appointments appropriately to control customer traffic
- Handle special orders, requests, issues/concerns with enthusiasm and efficiency
- Source materials for customers
- Provide quotes for clients and quote follow ups
- Present and detail company products and services to existing and potential clients
- Prepare and activate paperwork to process sales
- Prepare reports on sales activity and effectiveness of product display
- Make sales calls and follow-up contact with previous visitors to the showroom
- Conduct after sales service with customers
- Research and stay up-to-date on product knowledge and industry trends
- Work closely with others (clients, suppliers, co-workers) in a professional, cooperative and positive manner to ensure project needs are met
- Professional grooming and presentation will be expected of salespeople who are representing Bartle & Gibson
- Other duties as required
You will prove yourself to be an asset to Bartle & Gibson by possessing the following skills necessary to succeed:
- Outgoing and positive attitude
- Very organized with high attention to detail
- Quick responsiveness and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); persuasive and influential
- Strong initiative and self-motivated
- Can work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high pressure for results
- Ability to meet strategic goals and objectives with little supervision
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers, customers and coworkers
- Minimum Grade 12 education required
- Candidates should possess a minimum of two years’ sales experience (counter sales or inside sales)
- Knowledge of the plumbing and electrical industry or products would be considered an asset
- Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new systems
If you want to join a company with a great culture that truly values and rewards you for a job well done, then we encourage you to submit your resume. Our compensation and benefits, including profit sharing and career growth potential are competitive and will be based on experience and abilities.
- No phone calls or drop ins. Apply by application submission only, stating applicable experience and salary expectations in your cover letter. All submissions are kept in the highest level of confidentiality. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in employment with Bartle & Gibson, however, only those who possess the desired qualifications, experience and local to the Lower Mainland area will be contacted for further review.
Final candidates will be required to undergo an assessment andsecurity screening, including a criminal record check. Employment is subject to screening completion that is satisfactory to Bartle & Gibson.
Bartle & Gibson is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and opportunity for advancement from within the organization.
Job Type: Full-time