We are currently accepting resumes for a School Bus Sales Representative for (Northern Mo. and Ia. ). This is a full-time position that requires a hardworking, dependable individual. Prior fields of success have been medium to heavy-duty truck parts sales, route beverage, and foodservice sales, bus and truck mechanics that wanted to take their career into sales.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers. Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics, and technical service groups.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers' value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares the organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Keeps track of calls, leads, and deals by keeping Salesforce CRM updated and current.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- Drive for success. Transportation industry experience is a plus. Prior sales experience preferred
- Valid Class B driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Must have the ability to sit, walk and stand for multiple lengths of time, throughout the day or as needed.
- Will be required to safely drive a vehicle to visit customers.
- 401(k) Plan
- Vision, Dental, Life, and disability are available as employee-paid options.
- Commission based on Sales GP.
This job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.