UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This leadership role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. You’ll guide the development and support of National Provider Networks as well as provider contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. As you do, you’ll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company templates, reimbursement structure standards and other key process controls
- Ensure that network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider services
- Influence and/or provide input to forecasting and planning activities
This role is all about challenge and relationships. You'll partner with CEO's from various lines of business as we work on building effective relationships with large health systems.
In this role, you will need to be able to thrive in a demanding, intense, fast-paced environment. In addition, you’ll be driving some complex negotiations while striving to ensure accuracy.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a network management-related role handling complex network provider contracts with accountability for business results
- 3+ years of experience contributing to financial modeling in making rate decisions and managing a medical cost and administrative budget
- 3+ years of experience with hospital and ancillary contracting
- Experience working with government programs (including but not limited to Medicare and Medicaid)
- Intermediate or better experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Intermediate level of knowledge of Medicare, DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- Experience with project management
- Experience working in Emptoris contract management systems
- Experience working with different provider types such as Hospitals, Ancillary, and Medical Group Providers
- Basic Understanding of our claim’s platform knowledge
- Excellent Time Management, communication, and organizational skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Network Contract Manager, Healthcare, health care, Contracting, Negotiation, Business Development, Manager, Consultant, Network, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH