If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW (CVI LASER OPTICS)
CVI Laser Optics is a part of IDEX Optical Technologies, a platform of IDEX Corporation. We fuel the discovery of possibilities by generating unparalleled technology that helps inspire breakthrough thinking, drive innovation that touches our communities, and improves lives. As trailblazers of optics, we’re focused on the future of controlled light to identify, execute, and deliver a full spectrum of targeted end-to-end solutions. We connect deep industry knowledge and cutting-edge techniques to drive smarter decisions and unlock your business’ defining moments. IDEX Optical Technologies is more than optics; We are partners who help make brilliant things happen.
As the Regional Sales Manager for one of our business lines you will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong customer relationships to achieved sales growth with our customers. You will leverage our manufacturing capabilities, processes, & people to coordinate and own all aspects of a complex and collaborative sales approach in support of our customers’ engineering efforts & volume production needs.
- Achieve territory sales targets in defined markets by using an 8020 mindset in cultivating profitable and sustainable revenue through collaboration.
- Create, update and present strategic plans for key target customers. Monitor and modify the strategy based upon technology, product, market or competitive forces to optimize business resource efficiency and effectiveness.
- Constantly invest in building stronger relationships with our customers’ leadership teams and intensify the activity with key function decision makers in assigned major accounts
- Utilize business tools and systems to record all customer information and maintain timely forecasting information.
- Manage and negotiate agreements / contracts including pricing within the assigned territory.
- Interface directly with internal resources to meet customer and business needs, including coordinating all customer activities during product development, from concept to production.
- Support the development of IDEX OT’s commercial strategy.
- Analyze industry & customer account trends and regularly report on the status of both.
- Ensure adherence to all federal and state mandates while upholding the highest standards of conduct and business ethics policies.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal & written
- High learning agility with aptitude for fast-paced cross-functional environments
- Business acumen (understand B2B supply chain / operations / cost structures)
- Manage through influence in cross functional / matrix environments
- Strategic problem solving with a customer-centric mindset
- Exceedingly positive attitude combined with resiliency in the face of adversity
- Professional sales training & background with a consistent sense of urgency
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, or MS/PhD degree desired
- 5+ years’ experience in B2B outside sales or business development, OEM experience in large industrial &/or defense markets preferred
- Demonstrated strategic selling success at all level of an organization and application of commercial tools like SPIN Selling, Herman-Miller etc.
- Excellent customer relationship & account management skills
>50% of time in travel to customers, prospects, trade shows & IDEX OT company locations
This position requires compliance with ITAR Regulations; this person must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident.
- Pay Range: $95,000-$115,000 base pay annually
- Bonus: This position is eligible for bonus sales incentive plan
- Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include: Health benefits, 401(k) retirement savings program with company match, etc. and at least 80 hours of vacation, as well as holiday, personal and sick time.
- More information on our benefits and rewards can be found on our career page: https://www.idexcorp.com/careers/our-benefit-and-rewards/
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).