National Account Manager - Retail Hardware
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working within the Electrification Global Markets division, responsible for the sale of Thomas & Betts electrical products, a division of ABB, to Menards and Hardware customers. The goal is to manage these accounts by driving growth, meeting price/quality/margin expectations, and exceeding cost and customer satisfaction objectives through excellent external and internal customer relations. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, you will coordinate sales activities, creating added value for the customer and ABB, with a clear focus on increasing market share, profitability, and customer satisfaction. This role can be remote however, ideal candidates will based out of Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC, or Indianapolis, IN.
- Responsible for analyzing sales trends and implementing strategies to drive ABB sales by market.
- The primary focus is to drive sales through interaction with the merchants and all customer internal teams.
- Manage the customer to align with ABB strategy, which involves product liaison, forecasting, and margin enhancement.
- Understand and articulate quarterly forecast by product line.
- Manage product line reviews, quarterly meetings, and annual vendor partner meetings.
- Develop a strategy to expand offerings to new accounts with margin-rich products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing is preferred; Diploma/Technical equivalent required with 10 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the electrical and retail industries.
- Strong professional verbal and written skills – excellent communicator.
- Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency with thorough attention to detail with good follow up.
- Knowledgeable in the use of PC and related software; Microsoft Office applications; Strong background with data systems.
- Ability to maintain valid drivers license and travel up to 50% of time based upon need.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.