All applicants MUST apply on the Blue Ridge Risk Partners Career page: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/628437/Blue-Ridge-Risk-Partners-LLC/Account-Manager
Who We Are
Blue Ridge Risk Partners began as the merger of three successful and respected agencies headquartered in Maryland and West Virginia. While Blue Ridge Risk Partners is relatively young in name, our legacy goes back more than 120 years. Today, Blue Ridge Risk Partners leverages a strong entrepreneurial spirit and the highest ethical standards to continue the legacy established by our original founders, delivering exceptional commitment to our clients and our communities. With twenty-one offices across Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, our agency has evolved into a regional independent insurance agency offering insurance and risk management solutions to over 25,000 business and individual clients.
With a proven track record of success and well over a century of experience, Blue Ridge is poised for even greater accomplishments in the future. Our growth strategy centers on both organic business development along with mergers and acquisitions. Now we are excitedly positioning ourselves for continued growth in the future by building on our team of dedicated, skilled and caring professionals. We are looking for an experienced Associate Agent that can contribute to the agency's growth and success.
Position Title: Account Manager
Job Classification: Non-Exempt; Full Time Position
Responsible to: Division Manager
An Account Manager is responsible for identifying sales opportunities and overseeing a portfolio of clients through relationship building and networking. Other responsibilities include identifying risk management strategies, handling policy renewals, and tracking claims. The Account Manager performs the essential functions of the position noted below, while meeting the quality and service standards developed by the agency.
- Not Applicable
- Manages client transaction needs including sales, marketing and service according to agency standards and procedures.
- Provides support to clients, specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Interacts with clients (in person, via telephone conversations, or via E-Mail) to discuss service needs, billing, and coverage questions.
- Meet and follow up with customers to assure satisfaction, respond to inquiries, solicit further sales and solve problems.
- Present and explain insurance policy options based upon prospective client needs and their personal goals.
- Process renewals including managing the renewal process for timely receipt of quotations, delivery of renewal proposals and policies.
- Processes all account transactions as needed assuring that all items are handled in a timely manner, are accurate and reflect the established agency procedures. This includes, but not limited to:
- Policy issuance and endorsements
- Proposals, schedules and summaries of insurance
- Audits, facilitating corrections as needed
- Client/carrier correspondence (mail and email) and phone requests
- Coverage analysis and recommendations
- Follows agency credit and collection procedures in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments.
- Manages cancellation processes according to agency standards, addressing both carrier and client requests as received.
- Assist clients in submitting claims reports or respond to inquiries. Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverage.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Stays up to date with industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, carriers, vendors and other business contacts to maintain a high level of client retention and product loyalty.
- Coach and mentor team members on technical, procedural and relationship skills.
- Actively seek ways to improve client services and communicate ideas for improved client service to superior positions.
- Comply with departmental reporting requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, to explain insurance issues, to receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Knowledge of insurance products, markets, rating and underwriting procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Confident, self-starter who works well independently.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- A current Property & Casualty Agents License
- Previous insurance experience preferred, with at least two years property and casualty experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, listen and observe. Specifically, the employee must be able to communicate clearly on the telephone with others.
- This position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries about their policy, invoicing, and claims. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This includes repeating motions that involve the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Position may require the employee to ascend and/or descend ladders, stairs, ramps, and the like.
- High stress, fast-paced environment with a high volume of work to be completed daily.
- Limited physical effort required or exposure to physical risk. However, must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Blue Ridge Risk Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Property & Casualty Insurance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Property and Casualty License (Required)
- Multiple locations
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused