At North Coast, we embrace what makes us unique. As a company with local roots and global reach, we thrive on the diversity of our Associates and the different ways each of us contributes to our success. What keeps us at the forefront of progress? Our people. No matter where they work or who they are, we trust in their individual skills and qualities and give them everything they need to reach their full potential.
Do you enjoy a good challenge? We value bold thinkers who are excited to take on challenging tasks. We strive to be the best and we share our success with our associates, customers, suppliers, and shareholders. We are always looking to expand our teams to serve our customers and grow our business. Ready to join us?
We are currently looking for an Industrial Inside Sales Representative in Portland.
What you will do:
- Inside Sales for Industrial & OEM Market
- Develop new accounts and support existing accounts in the Portland Market and surrounding areas.
- Support Outside Sales
- Quotations, order entry, tracking, and proactive Customer Service
- Counter and other sales/support duties as directed
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key vendors
- Commit to proactive and team approach to sales
- Identify and pursue gross margin and market share growth opportunities
- Promote heavily the DOTP CSG’s for increased market share
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring:
- Possess a personal and professional vision of success in teamwork
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent record keeping and time management skills
- Self-motivated problem solver in a team environment
- Positive attitude, willingness, and desire to improve skill level
- Experience with Microsoft Office/Excel/Word
- Minimum 2 years experience in the electrical industry
- Must have inside sales and/or counter sales experience
- Proficiency in Eclipse is preferred
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Continuous phone and computer usage
- Office environment, mainly seated at a desk
- Standing and Lifting (Up to 50lbs) in support of counter sales
- Usual 40-hour work-week Monday through Friday however based on business needs evening and weekend hours may occasionally be required.
- Requires regular and reliable on-site attendance
What We Offer:
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefits plan that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness Program, Health Advocate Program, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) plan with a very generous employer match
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage provided
- Opportunity to obtain additional life insurance coverage at a group discount for you and your family
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability insurance provided at no cost
- Educational Financial Assistance
- Vacation, Holidays, Personal/Sick Days, Jury Duty Bereavement Days
- Healthy Lifestyle Rewards Program, Employee Assistance Program, Discount Marketplace for purchase of health and wellness items
- Travel Accident Coverage, Emergency Travel Assistance
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. North Coast Electric Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. All decisions about hiring, transfers, and promotions will be made regardless of gender, age, race, or any other protected classification.
Employment is contingent on a successful pre-employment drug screen.
Stay up to date with North Coast, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
North Coast Electric, A Sonepar Company – Powered by Difference