At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an IBM Security Digital Trust Pre-sales Technical Specialist, you are IBM’s technical sales consultant to our clients and a technical sales leader for IBM sales teams. You will be expected to have an in-depth technical understanding of our Data Security Software solutions and have a good technical understanding of the Identity and Access Management offerings within IBM’s Digital Trust Portfolio. You will learn your client's business requirements, technical requirements, and competitive landscape and apply your technical knowledge and experience to bring new solutions to your assigned customers. You will be responsible for collaborating with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions. You will deliver solution workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, Proof of Concepts and be the technical lead on RFP responses.
You will support technical escalations, design solutions, and answer technical questions throughout the sales process to progress and close sales opportunities and develop customer relationships. You will assist the IBM sales team with quantifying the value proposition of our solutions for our clients.
This is a customer facing role and the candidate must be comfortable and confident working with IT and Line of Business Executives and be able to work effectively in a collaborative role with IBM sales teams and business partners.
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrated technical and business value aptitude
- Demonstrated customer-facing, presentation, written communication, and interpersonal skill
- Have experience in presenting the value proposition of Data Security solutions to C-level and have the ability to articulate the technical benefits of IBM's IT portfolio products, solutions and services to all levels in customer's organization
- Be capable of presenting and articulating the differentiated value of IBM Data Security solutions compared to competitors in the market
- Have experience in successfully executing PoTs / PoCs and extensive demonstrations in complex and competitive sales situations
- Taking initiatives to own accounts and issues and driving team members toward common goal of winning business
- Have experience in technical solution design / architecture for security solutions, including product sizing, and technical and quality assurance processes
- Ability to identify the client’s business and technical requirements
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key decisions makers and influencers at you clients
- Ability to assist with Request for Proposal (RPF)/Request for Information (RFI) and other technical questionnaires.
- Ability to provide technical assistance for marketing activities: Regional Workshops, User Group Meetings, Sales Seminars, Meet-ups and Trade Shows
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical knowledge in Data Security
- Consultative sales approach
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Understand operational and security challenges in a large enterprise and common pain points
- At least 3 years experience in a Security Technical Role
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Wide range of Security Technical knowledge (SOC operations, etc.)
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management offerings would be an asset
- Bilingual in English in French is an asset
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.