Clio is more than just a tech companyâ€“we are a global leader that is transforming the legal experience for all by bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled Payment Operations Coordinator with a strong track record in Fraud and Risk Management, to join our Business Operations team. This role is available to candidates in Burnaby or Toronto.
What your team does
The Payment Operations team, led by the Director of Payment Operations, is a brand new department and quickly growing team at Clio. The team is responsible for underwriting, fraud detection and prevention, dispute resolution, processor settlement and monitoring, custom pricing, and payments service escalations.
Payment Operations sits within our wider COO organization at Clio, which is focused on driving results for the company through strategic, operational, and data-driven improvements.
What you'll work on:
We are looking for a forward-thinker who can comfortably interact with customers. Someone who understands and is deeply familiar with the payments industry, especially card payments.
Primary duties of the role include:
- Supporting Clio customers who have questions or escalations concerning payments, this will include:
- Topics related to making and accepting payments.
- Topics related to payments safety and security.
- Topics related to onboarding to clio payments.
- Interpreting and communicating the status of payment events in a customer's account.
- Other payments operations projects which may be required.
What you may have:
- At least 1 years previous customer success / support experience, preferably in a card payments environment.
- Comfortable working in a technical operations environment.
- A passion for customer service and the ability to sometimes manage difficult conversations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to adapt to change in a high-growth business environment.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong computer skills.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performingâ€“and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company's list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we've been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you've ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.