Product Line Manager (Engine Control Systems/Products)
In the Woodward Engine Control Systems business, we develop innovative control systems and products to control diesel and alternative fueled engines in industrial markets.
- Conducts market studies that define market potential of new products.
- Accountable for the development, communication and execution of strategic plans for traditional products and markets, including product roadmaps.
- Includes external measurements of product performance: market share, revenue, customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Includes internal measurements of product lifecycle, quality, technical support, marketing programs and sales support.
- Includes providing strategic direction in research and development initiatives and projects
- Identifies and creates strategies for new products and markets for organic and inorganic growth (alliances, acquisitions and joint ventures)
- Develop and grow relationships with key contacts at large accounts and industry experts.
- Responsible for product and system pricing utilizing pricing policy.
- Manages traditional products through the entire Product Life Cycle (PLC).
- Accountable for evaluation and recommendation regarding product profitability; maintain, cost reduction, pricing increase or rationalization. Coordinates with other functional areas as appropriate.
- Accountable for development and execution of product launch plan.
- Responsible for creation of product literature, promotional material and internal positioning document in conjunction with existing sales model.
- Accountable for providing commercial leadership during all phases of new product introduction when related to multiple customers.
- Leads/participates in the development of proposal strategies.
- Leads systems architecture definition on new and existing products, including Business Opportunity Analysis to address well defined customer needs.
- Collaborates with internal departments/stakeholders to develop near-term/strategies thru the use of funnel reviews to increase business with existing and new customers.
- Participates in customer meetings to deliver technical presentations.
- Perform product introduction and training to internal and external customers.
- Attend key trade shows to acquire competitive customer and market intelligence
- Function in international account teams
- Significant domestic/international travel required
- May participate in end-item make/buy/partner analysis
- May identify opportunities and coordinate with engineering for development and presentation of white papers
- Represents Woodward in Professional/Industry organizations
- May negotiate/facilitate commercial alliances and partnerships
- May mentor/supervise lower level Product Line Manager
- Standard office equipment
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Office environment
- Expert knowledge of engineering principles; mechanical/electrical
- Expert knowledge of energy controls technology principals and applications
- Expert knowledge of engines / combustion
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Thorough understanding of financial tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to work independently
- Strong negotiation skills with respect to Alliances and Partnerships
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in technical field
- MBA Preferred
- Additional formal training in specialized areas such as Negotiations, Product Management, Financial Analysis, Business Development, Strategic Selling, and Large Account Management
- Six Sigma training, minimum Champions Training
- 5+ years of experience with energy control technologies, engines or engine powered industrial equipment in a technical role with demonstrated commercial aptitude.
Woodward offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $117,000 - 147,000
Sick Time / Short Term Disability / Bereavement / Adoption Assistance / Vacation / 401(k) Match
Stock Contribution after 2 years / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program
Long Term Disability / Member Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Member Optional Life
Spouse/Child Optional Life / Optional AD&D / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
Home Auto Insurance / Whole Life Insurance / Critical Illness Insurance / Legal Plan / Military Leave
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Pandemic Leave / Variable Incentive Plan / Vacation Buy-up