DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Group Retiree Solutions Account Manager II or III
Please Note: This position may be filled at any of the posted levels. The Manager will determine the level based upon the selected applicant’s skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
This is a remote opportunity and the selected candidate will reside within a reasonable distance to any Anthem location.
Group Retiree Account Managers are responsible for partnering with Commercial Account Management colleagues to strategically manage customer and broker/consultant relationships providing Anthem’s Medicare retiree solutions products to their retirees. This includes Medicare Advantage (MA), Prescription Drug Plans (PDP), Medicare Advantage-Prescription Drug Plan (MA-PDP) solutions as well as Medicare look-alike/wrap & COB retiree plans. The typical retiree eligible group size is 2501 and larger. Leads all activities associated with renewing accounts, driving membership growth, and increasing the profitability across assigned accounts. Provides leadership within the Group Retiree Solutions (GRS) Account Management team and mentorship to more junior and smaller group GRS Account Managers.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Leads in partnership with Commercial Account Management teams for Large Group, Labor and Trust and Anthem National Accounts (ANA) customer strategy development and execution for plan sponsor service, account, and member retention, as well as a strong focus on actively driving membership growth strategies including converting existing COB and Medicare supplement, look-alike customers to MA and MA-PDP solutions.
- Leads In Group Growth (IGG) strategies and execution in partnership with the GRS leadership team and commercial account management teams in order to align overall account strategies, prioritization of accounts and facilitates ongoing strategic discussions in local markets.
- Leads customer retention strategies with commercial account executives in order to position MA and MA-PDP solutions for longer team stability and growth.
- As a GRS SME, ensure all groups select appropriate products for the size and type of account.
- For custom groups, ensure customizations are aligned to customer needs and expectations and that the organization can profitably deliver on customer commitments.
- Lead to address challenging client requests and escalated issues from the commercial team and or group/consultant/broker.
- Requires a BA/BS business or related fields; Account Manager II (5 years), Account Manager III (8 years) of combined product, sales and account management experience with knowledge and experience in the group retiree market and related products, or any combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the Large Group (100+ members) market
- Current Life Agent License with Department(s) of Insurance based in each state in his/her territory or obtained within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Experience with National Accounts, Labor, or the Public Sector.
- Knowledge and experience in Group Retiree sales and/or account management.
- Medicare sales and/or account management experience.
Annual Salary Range*: $90,888 - $113,610
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
- The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.