O’Brien’s produces products and solutions that are used in critical applications in process industries worldwide. O’Brien’s comprehensive product offering includes pre-insulated tubing bundles, sample conditioning equipment, specialty tubing and fittings, instrument enclosures and process analyzers used in oil and gas production, refining, petrochemical processing, power generation, pharmaceutical manufacture and semiconductor fabrication.
What you will do as a Temporary Inside Sales Engineer (6-9 months with possibility of hire):
As an Inside Sales Engineer, you will work closely with the Sales, Engineering and Operations team to support company growth by uncovering and securing project opportunities with new and current customers. This position is pivotal to our business process and plays an important role of offering engineering, company and customer expertise. The key to success of an Inside Sales Engineer is the ability to formulate an effective strategy which allows for winning projects, achieving acceptable profitability, and ensuring successful project management and execution. The Inside Sales Engineer will contact clients to evaluate quote opportunities, establishes quote strategy, generates costing/pricing, gather needed technical information for customer project/order, and support customer projects from sale to delivery for a broad range of customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform technical review of RFQ specifications and provide accurate and timely quote proposals per ISO procedures. Interface with customers, representatives, and distributors to gather all the technical information to meet customer requirements, including hazardous area requirements.
- Provide project management support to customers after products are ordered to ensure documentation requirements and timelines are met.
- Perform technical review of orders and work with customers/distributors to resolve discrepancies.
- Participate in technical sales requirements for new application of AMETEK instrumentation and new AMETEK technologies in new and/or existing applications.
O’Brien offers our team a great opportunity to make an impact at a decentralized organization that has a small company feel, but large, global company resources. We are passionate about building a winning organization, increasing the knowledge of our teams, and empowering our people and creating long term careers.
•Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Science, or related
- 2 to 4 years of related experience as applications engineer, inside sales, sales engineer, estimating, engineering technical support, field service, project engineer, preferably with industrial and/or manufacturing applications
- Previous experience communicating technical concepts with client and ability generate good dialogue with clients and with team members.
- Ability to work with production, engineering and service department to provide project management for customer orders. Ability to work effectively with customers, distributors, representatives and area managers.
- Ability to self-manage time and workload, work independently, and manage multiple short and long term projects simultaneously
- Ability to properly prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint Collaboration, and an integrated manufacturing software package (ERP system). Familiarity with computer coding languages and our ERP (Microsoft Navision) is a plus.
- Versatile with an ability to change between the following roles as needed: quoting, designing, order entry, logistics support, customer communication, and customer follow up.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.