Community Support PRN Trainer
The Community Supports Trainer PRN works under the direct supervision of the Community Supports Coordinator. The major purpose of the position is to provide direct care services to individuals with Developmental Disabilities as designated by Individuals Plan of Care, applicable rules and standards, and facility/departmental policy.
The Community Supports PRN is responsible for providing services to individuals with Developmental Disabilities and/or Dual Diagnoses as assigned in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal rules, standards, and guidelines (HCS,TxHmL,/HHS). To meet the programmatic needs, the Community Supports PRN will be responsible for providing community supports, supported home living, transportation, respite and PASRR services.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to, provision of assistance, training, and support necessary for individual to complete personal care, health maintenance, and independent living skills in their own home, natural (family) home or nursing facility. Other duties include supervision of individuals, implementation of training and behavioral programs, data collection, and assessments, completion of all required documentation and reports, compliance with all applicable standards, rules, and policies, transportation of individuals. Performs other duties as assigned. Responsible/accountable for the adherence to and promotion of compliance policy. Hours will vary to meet the needs of the individuals served and may include weekends and hours before 8AM or after 5PM. A current Texas Driver’s License in good standing is required. Duties and/or locations may change in accordance with changes in programmatic needs. This position is a PRN position and the maximum hours per week are 29 hours to 120 hours per month.
- $11.30 per hour
- No experience required
- Previous experience providing direct care services.
- Previous experience providing home-health services.
- Previous experience providing services in a nursing home setting.
Skills, Education and/or Certifications Required
- High School diploma or GED.
- Texas Driver’s License and insurable by Texana Center insurance carrier.
Skills, Education and/or Certifications Preferred
- Computer Skills
Job Related Physical Requirements
- Must be able to perform SAMA and CPR. Training provided to employees once hired.
- Must be able to perform moderate to heavy lifting (15-45 lbs.) pushing, stooping, light carrying (15lbs.) repeated bending, reaching above the shoulder, simple grasping, hearing, walking, sitting and twisting.
- Must have ability to see, write, operate office equipment, operate a motor vehicle and have depth perception.
- Qualified individual must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations
Texana Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Rosenberg, TX 77471