Since its reopening in 1988, Sleeman Breweries has grown to become the third-largest brewer in Canada. Formed by merging three of Canada's best craft breweries and acquired in 2006 by Sapporo Breweries, we've built an incredible portfolio of beer brands in Canada; great Canadian brands such as Sleeman, Okanagan Spring, Unibroue and Wild Rose, combined with world-class beers such as Sapporo, Old Milwaukee and Pabst Blue Ribbon. After all, we believe Canadians deserve better beer.
Our Passion is Always on Tap.
POSITION:Sales Representative (Contract)
Reporting into the District Sales Manager, the Sales Representative position will represent our company and grow Sleeman Breweries’ portfolio presence in the trade within the assigned sales territory (Edmonton, AB and surrounding areas). Please note, this is a full-time contract role set to end October 2022.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Achieve territory sales volume, revenue, and share growth targets;
- Establish business relationships with customers (Retail/On-Premise); advise/provide recommendations regarding Sleeman products, promotions, and sales opportunities; and work with customer to develop account plans and priorities;
- Work with Sales management and customers to develop spending budgets and set targets. Hold regular business reviews with customers to discuss product performance and adjust or revise programs or targets as required;
- Manage expenses within established budget;
- Review sales data and apply knowledge of the territory to identify opportunities and execute sales plans;
- Coordinate and execute various Key Account and Marketing programs and provide feedback with regard to the design, implementation, and effectiveness of programs;
- Maintain merchandising standards and work to influence space allotments and product visibility/accessibility based on analysis of sales
- Maintain up-to-date customer information and sales data in customer relationship management software (CRM);
- Participate in team meetings and provide the Sales management team with detailed local market intelligence as required;
- Remain apprised of industry trends and changes to the competitive environment;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience in a consumer packaged goods environment would be considered a strong asset
- Post-secondary education
- Experience executing sales plans;
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, with internal stakeholders and external customers;
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proven experience to present sales/business information to customers and internal stakeholders
- Computer skills with ability to use Microsoft Office;
- Beverage alcohol industry experience would be considered a strong asset;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Acceptable criminal and credit check required;
- Smart Serve training considered a strong asset and will be required for the successful candidate to complete when they start (if not currently certified).
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, when required.
- Spends minimum 4 days per week in the field