Do you enjoy the freedom found in designing, building, and maintaining custom applications? We are looking for a Software Developer to join our team that conceptualizes, creates, and supports technology solutions for LCRA. We are a team of problem solvers who use our skills to solve technical challenges for LCRA. Our ideal candidate enjoys a blend of collaborative and independent work. They can manage their own development projects, including coordinating internal customers in developing the scope. We appreciate the diversity that Austin provides and the fresh perspectives that brings to the creative process. We believe in LCRA’s mission and take pride in doing our part in supporting that mission. Come enjoy a work environment where work-life balance is considered crucial for employee satisfaction.
Key Functions -
* Gathers and documents user requirements and functional/technical specifications for software solutions as needed.
* Programs, codes, and develops complex software applications based on various development frameworks.
* Evaluates, installs and performs upgrades of off-the-shelf pre-packaged software in conjunction with business requirements.
* Rewrites or reworks existing software programs based on new requirements.
* Maintains existing software programs. Troubleshoots and provides tier 3 user support for software applications.
* Coordinates software development activities with infrastructure and testing staff.
* Will be the technical lead for new projects and may manage systems implementations. Coordinates software development activities within assigned area of responsibility among multiple staff members.
* Provides input in designing system architecture for large, complex enterprise-wide applications and technical solutions.
* Participates in developing standards for application development.
* Provides system training to end users/system owners.
* Trains and provides guidance to less experienced staff.
* Work hours are currently hybrid with both remote work and office work. This is subject to change.
* Work involves some after hours support for planned and unplanned outages. This is not a common occurrence.
* Work involves constant finger/hand manipulation in using a keyboard and mouse
Minimum Qualifications --
- Nine or more years of experience in developing and programming/coding software applications.
- A degree(s) in computer science or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
Preferred Qualifications --
* Advanced knowledge of software design and development methodologies
* Advanced knowledge of System design, architectures and infrastructure
* Knowledge of Client server, web based systems, service oriented architectures (SOA), web services and operating systems
* Knowledge of database modeling, various query languages and tools and integration of various systems and databases
* Practical Software Development Life Cycle experience using the .Net Framework
* Familiarity with multiple system architectures, platforms, operating systems and frameworks
* Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
* Experienced in maintaining system architectures
* Experience in developing system cost of ownership and asset lifecycle plans with asset owners
* Advanced skill level in Microsoft office products and their integration with systems
* Advanced skill level in software debugging and troubleshooting toolsets
* Advanced skill level in software source code management, change management and configuration
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- C#: 5 years (Preferred)
- .NET: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location