Direct and???manage business???development and project management efforts within the Survey division of the firm. This will include both project oversight, optimal staff utilization, and new client business opportunities.
Leadership and Direction
- Foster and develop positive customer relationships which result in increased business.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Assure conformance with company philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Assist with the marketing of the firm???s capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
- Facilitate work between survey and engineering to create an efficient method.
Do the Work
- Hire, train, retain, and develop surveying staff.
- Oversee all projects in the department to ensure that the work is executed on time and on budget and in accordance with the client???s requirements and within company policies and procedures.
- Provide work assignments and review performance to ensure the efficient, cost-effective utilization of staff.
- Serve as technical advisor by providing senior level input and evaluation on projects.
- Research and collect outstanding monies due from clients.
- Keep current on surveying trends and developments to recommend department changes.
- Drive the profitability and growth of department.
- Be a self-starter with strong marketing/business development.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently with limited direction.
- Be succinct and effective in both verbal and written communication.
- Be highly motivated and problem-solving attitude.
- Have a sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Be results oriented, with a strong work ethic and commitment to high quality.
- Promote the reputation of the company through the technical quality of the work.
- Bachelor???s degree in Land Surveying or related field; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum ten (10) years' surveying experience in industry to include project management, staff supervision and client relationships.
- Excellent communication skills in working effectively with government officials, clients, and staff members.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing the financial, marketing, human resources, and operational aspects of a survey department.
- Indoor work
- Lift/Carry 11-25lbs
- Operating a computer
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)