A Day in the Life
You will help change the landscape of the rocket launch industry and be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment. As our Business Development Director you will be primarily responsible for connecting customers with SpinLaunch space technologies.You will be a key leader within a 'team of teams' consisting of strategy, business development, product development, and government affairs colleagues. You will be an evangelist for our technologies, working collaboratively with potential customers to understand their needs and how SpinLaunch can help them. You will relish the challenge of creating new customers from emerging technologies and work collaboratively with our product developers to shape what we offer.
You'll live for the opportunity to help shape the future of the company and of the broader space industry. Your typical day will include strategy discussions with the VP of Product on pursuing new customers, building upon your networks to identify new opportunities. You will also grow your network by engaging with potential customers. You'll provide insights to the product developers, who are your partners in engaging with the engineering teams as you collaboratively create new offerings. As you win major, impactful partnerships and contracts, you work with our program management team to achieve a seamless handoff and ensure we are exceeding customers' expectations. This is a critical role, serving as the front line of the company on behalf of the VP of Product and CEO to position SpinLaunch for major wins with new customers.
- Identify new customers, with whom we form partnerships and win major contracts that have a significant and strategic impact on the company
- Build great relationships, winning over new contacts into friends and fans of SpinLaunch
- Engage with potential customers, gain deep insights into their needs, and work with your strategy and product development colleagues to craft a winning offering
- Capture the opportunities you create and serve as lead account manager to ensure a smooth transition to the project management and execution team
- A strong desire to build new customers and markets from emerging technologies
- Possess an impressive network and are eager to grow it across all corners of the launch, satellite, and space services markets
- Proven experience developing new business that has strategic impact on the future of the company
- Extensive experience with the process, from either the government or commercial sectors, for purchasing or acquiring space technologies and services, whether as the person responsible for buying or offering
- An open and flexible mindset with an eagerness to work in a dynamic and high energy environment with passionate colleagues
- 10+ years experience in business development from the government side, acquisition of technologies and services or experience in the space sector (launch, satellites), or adjacent markets that are served by space (telecom, precision agriculture, transportation, etc)
- Experience taking new products or services to market, either from the business development or technology side
- Experience with strategy or product development for space technologies or emerging technologies in relevant sectors
- A keen understanding of how space products and services are acquired or purchased from the financial and contractual perspectives
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident ("green card holder") as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.