Let’s get right to the point……
Anyone can make a knife, but courageous innovation is what makes it a Benchmade. At Benchmade Knife Company, we have an industry-renowned passion for mastery and hold ourselves to a higher standard. We never compromise on our design, materials, craftsmanship, or brand – we push the boundaries of design to the edge. From field to table, we innovate courageously and execute flawlessly.
As a mission critical, high-level business manager, the Senior e-Commerce Manager drives all aspects of Benchmade websites; including strategy, marketing, sales, email, UX, site design, development and vendor services. Leads a world-class consumer website to increase sales at retail and drive online direct sales. Manages a world-class digital sales and marketing team that is responsible for the customer experience and sales on social media and Benchmade.com. Manages the B2B site design and performance to deliver exceptional form and function for business-level customers.
Our Core Values
ELEVATE EVERYTHING – We each bring a specific set of skills to the table, offering up our expertise and resources to enhance the work of others. We challenge each other to be the best in order to achieve enduring value in the eyes of our customers.
BETTER IS BETTER – There is no finish line; we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. We obsess over every detail to find ways to improve both our products and our process.
UNAPOLOGETICALLY ACCOUNTABLE – We’re open and honest in how we speak and listen. We celebrate each other’s successes, and collectively rally to solve every challenge. We own it!
COURAGEOUS INNOVATION – There are elegant ideas awaiting discovery in everything we do. We push everyone around us to pursue those ideas openly so we can continue to dominate the category.
COMMUNITY-DRIVEN – As a family business, we understand the importance of enriching the communities we call home. As a company, and as individuals, we work to make our expertise available to do the most good for those around us.
- Manages and leads eCommerce and digital marketing team
- Develop and implement eCommerce and digital strategies
- Responsible for department budget management
- Defines KPIs and benchmarks to measure success. Designs strategies to achieve high performance for both brand and sales
- Forecasts channel growth, promotional and seasonal lifts in partnership with Demand Systems Manager and Supply Chain
- Owner of all Benchmade owned websites functionality, user experiences, and revision control
- Optimize existing websites and eCommerce framework to create an exceptional customer journey and drive conversion
- Works with internal Sales Operations and Sales teams to create continual improvements to B2B site and ensure platform success
- Design enterprise email marketing strategy to inform customers, drive sales, and increase customer lifetime value
- Build, plan and lead all digital marketing activities including lead nurturing, marketing automation, trigger-based emails, SEO, social media, and web/microsites
- Responsible for digital content strategy and execution in partnership with Marketing Communications Manager
- Creates strategy for Influencer Marketing program and works with Digital Marketing team to execute
- Work closely with Creative, Marketing Communications, and Tradeshow Marketing teams to grow customer advocacy and brand loyalty
- Leads and contributions to strategic initiatives to drive the business forward
- Maximizes brand differentiation, preference and loyalty in alignment with Benchmade brand position and image
- Manages work with outside suppliers and vendor partners; includes developers, designers, service providers, etc.
- Works closely with IT and has intimate knowledge of language and function of web specific programs, actions and best practices
- Stays highly informed of digital trends, tools and competitive landscape (online)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, technologies or other Business related degree, and 7-10 years of experience in digital marketing and strong eCommerce sales experience is required. MBA is a plus. Equivalency to the qualification standard will also be considered.
- Demonstrated success running Magento Enterprise ecommerce platforms
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage exceptional digital brand experiences
- Strong background in user experience, site design and development
- Strong direct management experience
- Management or ultimate ownership over social media content strategy and execution across multiple channels
- Proven track record effectively managing vendors with timely and accurate execution of deliverables
- Development and ownership of complex budget(s) significant and material to the organizations P&L
- Highly collaborative with IT both on front and back-end development and support projects in past roles
- Exceptional project management skills
- Demonstrates exceptional time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong ability to collaborate and encourage cross-functional efforts
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, superiors, the general public, and others
- Capable public speaker, competent in developing and running presentations and meetings
- Knowledge of HTML and related web code
- Knowledge of standard office administration practices and procedures, including business correspondence formatting and the use of standard office equipment
- Set priorities, meet deadlines and follow up on assignments with little to no direction
- Interpret and implement policies and procedures related to the department
- Must have the ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment and discretion
- Knowledge of and ability to use Adobe design software a plus
- Experience with business intelligence and business operations tools.
- Intermediate to Advanced Knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access
Benchmade offer our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Cash profit sharing and performance incentives
- Medical including Prescriptions and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Pay for time off, including holiday, bonus holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement and jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Outstanding employee discounts on Benchmade products and other partner companies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted development planning and learning opportunities
- Employee and family events throughout the year
- Most importantly, Benchmade provides a fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial work environment
Benchmade Knife Company is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and sales of hand-held specialty folding and fixed blade cutlery for the outdoor sports, military, police, and collector markets. We are committed to innovation, performance, and the highest standards of quality. Every day, around the globe, sportsmen and professionals alike rely on Benchmade products to get the job done. Our state of the art manufacturing operations and headquarters is located in Oregon City, approximately 30 minutes from downtown Portland, OR.
This is an exciting time to be part of a company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, complete an application today.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benchmade Knife Company, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Benchmade complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, benefits, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.