Job DescriptionBioWorks Inc. With headquarters in Victor, New York, BioWorks has been a leader in providing environmentally responsible, safe, and effective biologically-based pest control and plant nutrition products for the horticulture, turf, and specialty agriculture markets for more than 20 years. Together, with our team of experts, our customers are enhancing conventional programs as well as developing leading edge pest control and plant health programs.
We're hiring a Southeast Regional Technical Services Specialist responsible for providing technical expertise to Regional Core Customers, R&D, Sales and Marketing in alignment with BioWorks Sales Process. Responsible for promoting BioWorks and BioWorks products. This position is remote based from your home office in the Southeast U.S.
If you’d like to submit your resume for this position, please send to: [email protected]
Directly responsible and accountable for the following:
Communicate and work effectively across all departments of BioWorks. Utilizing CRM platform Netsuite to complete requested Task and to document customer interactions.
Create technical communications to (1) expand the awareness of BioWorks, (2) increase the understanding of our products and (3) further promote our in-house expertise
Produce/maintain technical communications
Ensure technical accuracy of advertising produced by Marketing
Review all website pages for technical accuracy
Actively pursue and engage in regional speaking engagements
Conduct regional grower training
Conduct regional distributor training
Product knowledge and industry expert
Provide label guidance and support
Provide advanced technical support to BSAs
First level contact of Customer Technical Calls & Emails
Ensure accessibility of technical support to our customers by managing availability of in-house expertise
Primary contact for customer complaints on
Customer concerns or training
Deliver inhouse training to all BioWorks employees to foster an appreciation of our products
Conduct regional grower demo trials
Expand customer awareness of BioWorks products
Increase BioWorks understanding of market trends and communicate to leadership
Influence regional COIs to increase awareness and trust of BioWorks, our products and our in-house expertise
Participates in gathering of competitive intelligence
Manage and communicate compatibility testing conducted by Lab Services to:
Support current products
Evaluate and develop new products and markets
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in promoting, supporting and enhancing our Core Purpose, Core Values and Company Culture
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with customers, collaborators, vendors, team members and management
- Fully embraces Great Game of Business (“GGOB”), Scaling Up and all strategies and activities related to financial transparency and information sharing, including timely updates to revenue (if applicable), expenses, and cash goals.
Ensures technical accuracy of product labels, literature and other product communications
Oversees Expert calls and emails
Leads in coaching, mentoring and technical training for Customer Service, Sales/Marketing, Product Development and new employees
Participates in annual Technical Services operating budget plan and maintains high level of involvement in BioWorks Huddle process
Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and strategic partners.
Provides product technical support for current and new products.
Processes, analyzes, and compiles information for the development of technical communications
Participates and leads in the development and maintenance of competitive product information.
Monitors competitive product activity
Communicate and work effectively across BioWorks’ departments, including Customer Service, Product Development, Sales, Marketing, and Manufacturing
Adheres to BioWorks, Inc. company policies at all times.
Must be capable of adapting to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance
Provide regular updates to Technical Services Manager as is appropriate or requested
Essential Qualifications - Education, Experience, Skills:
- Education - Masters degree (M.S.) from a four-year college or university preferably in the field of Horticulture, Biology, Plant Pathology, Agronomy, Entomology, Plant Physiology, Soil Science/Microbiology or other plant science related field or Bachelor’s degree with greater than 10 years experience in the above fields.
- Experience - Greater than five years related experience and/or training.
- Complexity of Work and Decision Making – A variety of non-routine duties, not necessarily related, that require considerable judgment to work independently. Can devise new methods, adapt or change standard procedures to meet new conditions, and make decisions guided by precedent and within established policies.
- Accountability – Objectives and most of how the objectives are achieved are self-directed. Finished work not regularly reviewed by supervisor. Performance of tasks and activities are reviewed by supervisor on a scheduled basis.
- Consequence of Errors – Probable errors difficult to detect and may have adverse effect on outside or customer relationships. Work may not be subject to audit or check and involves considerable accuracy and responsibility.
- Customer Interactions – Regular contact with various levels of staff or their departments, furnishing or obtaining information. Contact may involve discussion of controversial issues, or contacts with external people where improper handling may affect results. Job Impact – Provides information or data and functional advice and guidance to individuals inside the immediate work area and to other positions with more direct impact on the organization. Work may be complex but effect on overall organization is relatively minor.
- Environment and Use of Equipment and Machinery – Normal working conditions with occasional exposure to noise, dust, and/or heat, etc. or some element present that makes conditions less than desirable than usually found in an office.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Ability to work well with people (customers internal and external, along with the sales team)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Driving Results – Sets positive, compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement. Translates the vision/mission of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
Managing Performance – Translates over-arching business goals into specific objectives for each member of the team. Holds people accountable for agreed-to results. Identifies and keeps others focused on the most important metrics that drive the business.
Building Commitment – Motivates others to pursue common objectives with excitement about the future. Radiates enthusiasm for goals and infects others with a shared optimism and excitement. Conveys a genuine belief to succeed despite the toughest obstacles.
Building Relationships and Using Influence – Builds and sustains excellent relationships at all levels both internally and externally. Uses relationship networks to strategically accomplish objectives. Communicates excitement about the business and motivates others to pursue common objectives.
Communication – Communicates passion, energy, intensity, and excitement. Is highly articulate and makes arguments in a compelling matter and comes to the point.
Energy/Endurance – Has a high capacity for work and shows passion, energy, endurance, and intensity. Maintains focus through days of long hours and multiple priorities.
Essential Values / BioWorks Core Values:
- Our Team, One Company
- We Honor our Commitments
- We Have the Right Conversations
- Our Customers’ Success is Our Success
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Flexibility in scheduling to satisfy project needs and priorities
- Computer keying repetitive motions
- Possible eye strain
- Frequent travel required