When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Solutions Architect will be joining a high performance team working on the digital transformation of HR and Payroll for Verizon enabled by the implementation of Workday HCM. This Solutions Architect position will enable and support business solutions across Human Capital Management with responsibilities spanning across business enablement, solution design, technical architecture, integrations, operations and support. This is a functional leadership role with a technical blend.
- Negotiate with implementation and business partners to come up with well architected and innovative solutions with a Workday-First approach in mind.
- Lead end to end project activities including requirement gathering, project work plans, documentation, solution design, technical configuration, test development, and related deployment activities in support of multiple work streams (intial focus will beon developing supporting applications that impact HR and Payroll to support the management of the workforce moving forward).
- Solutions Architect with a proven track record of translating business needs into functional and technical requirements, implementing solutions, and coordinating & leading activities related to project work plans.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in maintaining, managing, and enhancing Tenant Setup, business processes, security policies, routings, notifications, and complex conditions for HCM, Time, Absence, and Payroll.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with the following Workday modules - Core HR andNA Payroll.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM with a focus on HR and NA Payroll.
- Experience leading end to end project activities including requirements gathering, project work plans, documentation, solution design, technical configuration, test development, and related deployment activities in support of multiple work streams with a focus on Core HCM, NA Payroll, Absence, Time Tracking).
- Extensive understanding of the end to end functional HR and Payroll business processes including audit requirements and processes.
- Experience with Angular JS to develop online solutions that integrate with and ERP.
- Ideally you have experience integrating with an external Time Management system (i.e. Infor).
- Experience with US Payroll Taxation is configured, supported, and processed in Workday and/or PeopleSoft.
- Experience with integration technologies such as Workday EIB, Workday Studio, Informatica, Mulesoft.
- Experiencewith integration technologies such as Workday EIB, Workday Studio, Informatica.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience with Agile and Scaled Agile methodology.
- Proven experience with implementation of the above modules and their integration with third-party providers and other vendor platforms.
- Strong communication skills including executive level presentations.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, full-stack development, microservices-based architecture and Cloud technologies.
- Ability to manage work performed by outsourced vendors both on and offshore.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Technical project management skills.
- Workday Pro level accreditation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.