Modern Campus is seeking a Technical Support Engineer who will act as a product and professional services expert in the Customer Success department. The Technical Support Engineer is a focal escalation point to provide high-level technical support and training to customers and employees who use our web content management system, Omni CMS. This is a full-time position from our Camarillo offices.
How you'll make an impact:
- Maintains high level use of Omni CMS ‒ proficient in its functionality, implementation, features, and limitations, including all Omni CMS modules.
- Provides customer service support via all channels in a timely and courteous manner. Channels include but not limited to phone, email, and live chat.
- Takes ownership & completes required tasks for customer requested DAP projects, including discovery, scoping, implementation, testing, delivery, debugging & communication.
- Asks appropriate questions and reviews case history to fully understand what the customer is reporting.
- Trains employees and customers in XSL best practices via Zoom, in-person, and OUTC
- Manages time effectively to prioritize and provide prompt responses to customer inquiries while remaining within established support boundaries on all assignments.
- Strong customer-first focus with a sense of urgency for priority and time sensitive escalations.
- Thoroughly documents all relevant information for each case in Zendesk.
- Follows established escalation procedures and guidelines as appropriate.
- Applies critical thinking and sound judgment in resolving issues.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert as needed when called upon to answer complex product questions or to advise on technical issues.
- Performs detailed technical review and documentation of implementations, creating notes for use as reference for the team. Acts as subject matter expert during technical reviews.
- Uses effective writing, verbal, and presentation skills in composing written materials, responding to emails, and regular interaction to solve work related problems and concerns.
What you need to succeed:
- 2+ years in web development, ideally in a CMS environment
- 1+ years XSL or other development experience in a templating language
- Strong background in Web development and project management
- Programming language proficiency in ASP, PHP, C#, and similar languages.
- Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL/MSSQL and a solid working knowledge of SQL in general.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related field highly preferred
- Additional coursework to stay current on emerging trends and technologies.
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation
- Learning opportunities
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous contributions to insurance for dependent(s)
- Flexible schedules
- Paid company holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Professional development
Modern Campus, the innovator driving Omni CMS and Destiny One, empowers higher education institutions to thrive when radical change is required to successfully respond to lower student enrollments and revenue, rising costs, crushing student debt and even school closures. Powered by the industry’s only “student first” modern learner engagement platform, presidents and provosts can create pathways for lifelong learning, while marketing and IT leaders can deliver Amazon-like personalization and instant fulfillment. Award-winning products and an exceptional customer experience for its 550+ higher education customers, with more than 70 million students engaged with its platform, have earned Modern Campus a reputation for customer obsession.
Learn how Modern Campus is leading the modern learner engagement movement at www.moderncampus.com