This position is responsible for the field sales of the entire portfolio of Cognex products . This is a sales role for a defined territory and/or set of automation machine builders ( OEM’s ) . The L SE will work closely with the Sales Manager to develop account strategies and tactics . The L SE w ill be responsible for meeting or exceeding a defined qu ota at assigned or newly found accounts and expanding our base o f business . The employee will embody the core values of Cognex including : Work Hard, Play Hard , and Move Fast. Additional tasks will be assigned as needed by the manager.
- Work with Engineer at OEMs to take Cognex existing technology to be designed or scoped in to their business and projects
- Properly forecast and close Logistics opportunities with End Users , Partners, and OEMs to reach the quota goal
- Utilize the Cognex sales process to effectively demonstrate products to customers and winning large strategic opportunities.
- Follows up on sales leads and schedules customer visits , seeking out large opportunities
- Effectively conduct s customer visits in a solution sales environment
- Collaborate with counterparts from other territories on opportunities that are either integrated or installed in a different territory or where the decision makers do not reside in the Account Manager’s territory.
- Follow up on customer in quiries, understand system requirement s, and differentiate the Cognex solution.
- Assists at trade shows and other marketing events .
- Coordina te evaluations Cognex resources
- Maintain and continuously update project information in S ales Book.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven track record of sales performance in the automation or similar industry .
- Proven track record of operating in a solutions sales environment.
- Uses defined sales process to deliver desired results on a consistent basis
- PC literate with a working knowledge of MS Windows applications
- Ability to travel 50% - 75% of the time is required
- Ability to work independently is required
Minimum education and work experience required:
- Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven sales experience and a good track record for exceeding sales targets is required
- Experience in selling technical products to all levels of an organization is required
- Experience in selling vision products is also preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Additional Job Description
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cognex is an equal opportunity employer. Cognex evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.