With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Are you passionate and excited about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to ensure success as they transition their businesses to the Microsoft Cloud? If so, keep reading…
We are the Microsoft FastTrack Center (FTC) App Assure Team - a diverse group of customer-focused individuals with the goal of helping customers resolve application compatibility issues to drive use of Windows 10, M365 Apps, Edge, Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) and Surface, helping customers to realize business value. We collaborate and share learnings and innovate solutions to enable our customers to increase their realized value of Microsoft Modern Workplace products.
If you have an Information Technology (IT)-related customer relationship management background and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and grit, and it makes your day when a customer thanks you for your help, this may be THE career opportunity for you.
If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and grit, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be THE career opportunity for you.
As a FastTrack App Assure Manager (AAM), your primary focus is to be the primary contact to help customers ensure their applications work with the latest versions of Microsoft products. This is done by identifying their application readiness needs, coordinating with technical resources to drive remediation of application issues, and collecting/reporting feedback and issues encountered to help improve Windows 10 ARM included, M365 Apps, Edge, Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) and Surface products around application compatibility. You will represent Microsoft, FastTrack and the App Assure team in communications via customer meetings, phone, and email to assist customers and partners in readying their applications to work with the latest versions of our products. You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships while effectively managing challenging situations and driving customer success.
Your key business metrics will be to:
Obtain high customer and partner satisfaction with the FastTrack Application Readiness service
Drive customer success through effective facilitation of application remediation
Provide high quality data back to the product teams to help drive service improvement
Key Responsibilities include:
- CRM Portfolio Management for Microsoft Customers requesting the FastTrack App Assure benefit
- Primary Point of Contact for all App Compat issues moving to Windows 10 ARM Included, Office Pro Plus M365 Apps, Edge, and Azure Windows Virtual Desktop
- Facilitate responsive and timely and impactful engagement of Application Compatibly technical resources to resolve application compatibility issues with Windows 10 ARM included/Windows as a Service (WaaS), M365 Apps, Edge and Azure Windows Virtual Desktop products.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with multiple contacts within assigned customers.
- Maintain strong working relationships with other customer facing account personnel in the Sales, Services, Marketing and Product Management teams.
- Gather input from the customer to determine their application remediation needs and effectively track progress of their application readiness activity.
- Collect, analyze, and communicate key application compatibly feedback to improve the Windows, Office, Edge and Azure products and end to end FastTrack Application Readiness process.
- Customer and Partner Focus: Demonstrated skills and abilities to consistently create an amazingly positive experience for our customers and Partners.
- Communication Skills – Spoken and written English (including technical writing). Build trust, drive recommendations, and land priorities across customers, partners, senior leaders (Microsoft-internal and customer Technical and Business Decision Makers), and across organizational boundaries.
- Collaboration: exceptional collaborator on complex multi-faceted programs across multiple groups with varying priorities.
- Strong organizational/time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Background in project and process management preferred.
- Proven ability to work across a “virtual team” that has remote team members and crosses organization boundaries.
- Windows and/or Office Application Development competency: Possess the knowledge and experience with Windows application development to effectively communicate with customer and partner Windows application developers, and coordinate with Microsoft developer support engineers.
- Able to regularly work in the office (Las Colinas, TX or Charlotte, NC) to foster a team culture that is highly collaborative and focused on making every customer experience perfect.
Ideal Candidates will have knowledge and experience with the core products supported by the App Assure benefit 100 = Introductory level - 400 – Code Level – Expert Knowledge
- 100-200 level knowledge level Windows operating systems and Windows as a Service updates and releases
- 100-200 level Microsoft Office/M365 Apps updates and releases and Office macro/add in compatibility scenario knowledge
- 100-200 level Microsoft Edge browser knowledge primarily around web app compatibility issues
- 100 – 200 level knowledge level Azure Windows Virtual Desktop
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent’s professional and technical experience
Experience: 5+ years of IT customer relationship management or Windows application development, developer support.
Ideally -at least a few years of professional experience helping Enterprise customers with IT issues related to the supported App Assure products of Windows 10 ARM included/Windows as a Service (WaaS), M365 Apps, Edge and Azure Windows Virtual Desktop products technologies.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.