At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
KYNDRYL Business Development Executive will be the lead for a virtual team focused on driving the adoption of KYNDRYL technology in Global Hyperscaler Partner Programs. This role will require collaboration with both KYNDRYL Brand teams and Hyperscaler vertical and horizontal teams. This is a senior individual contributor position that requires a blend of strategic, technical and business development expertise.
Expected Outcomes: Drive the Hyperscaler adoption of KYNDRYL technologies in their practices, solutions and drive joint initiatives to achieve revenue targets for KYNDRYL.
A successful business development manager in this role will:
- Teamwork/Virtual Team management: Strong ability to build and drive relationships and team orchestration with partners, field sales, inside sales, and marketing teams. Ability to engage, excite, influence, and coordinate both partner resources and direct and indirect KYNDRYL resources.
- Executive engagement: Ability to be credible and gain agreement from partner and KYNDRYL executives and drive executive relationships. Experience in developing precise, comprehensive executive engagement plans that ensure successful execution of joint business plans and strategies.
- Influencing and negotiation: Exhibits credibility and executive presence, influencing and instilling confidence at all executive and management levels.
- Understand the Infrastructure Services Industry and Market - Know the end-user customers that the Ecosystem Partners serve, the relevant regional partners, establish credibility with Hyperscalers via knowledge of the KYNDRYL Technologies including KYNDRYL Hybrid Cloud, Data & Analytics, AI, Security, Cognitive Systems, IOT, Blockchain and Customer Experience.
- Understand the KYNDRYL portfolio of offerings and their application in Services Solutions – Understand the KYNDRYL story, solutions and technologies; Understand & Relate Use Cases for KYNDRYL offerings with Partner solutions and their end client requirements. Communicate these effectively with brand teams and executive stakeholders.
- Push Awareness in the Hyperscaler Horizontal and Vertical Practices - elevate KYNDRYL’s strategic status with key partners, drive executive and solution architect relationships, develop go-to-market approaches and solutions that will allow for differentiation in the market and influence end-user customer requirements
- Build & Maintain Relationships in Hyperscaler Accounts – Understand the Hyperscaler business model and sales cycle, Build relationships with the sales, technical, business development and program teams, and be the point of contact for Hyperscaler teams. Drive Quarterly Business Reviews with both KYNDRYL and HS executive stakeholders
- Assist with Sales Strategies– Engage & coordinate with Hyperscaler sales reps and KYNDRYL Brand Sales Reps; Engage KYNDRYL resources to develop specific value propositions; Build business plans with hyperscaler accounts and work with them on execution and achievement of these plans. Manage the pipeline and help close the opportunities by addressing sales inhibitors.
- Pipeline development: Support partner contribution to planning activities. Develop go-to-market strategy and activate partners. Utilize forecasting, joint marketing & sales plays, planning resources, and mapping to develop pipeline. Align field and specialist reps with partners. Drive focused pipeline motions value-based field selling, focusing on advanced technologies including Hybrid Cloud, DATA & AI and Security
- Pipeline acceleration and deployment: Use partner and strategic motions, such as assessments, development funds, ad-hoc programs, to accelerate pipeline. Activate select partners for solution validation, proof of concept, and services opportunities.
- Co-selling engagement: Match partners to large accounts and connecting core sales and partner sales people on large deals.
- Customer satisfaction: Develop strong KYNDRYL knowledge and services capabilities in partners to improve customer experience.
- Drive Adoption of KYNDRYL technology -Understand the key existing programs, applications and initiatives in the market and the System Integrators who hold the contracts; Develop relationships with System Integrator program leadership; Show how KYNDRYL offerings and solutions can bring value to System Integrators and our end user clients. Execute system integrator and KYNDRYL business plans; Establish KYNDRYL Hybrid Cloud platform and practices around this platform, Arrange demonstrations and deep dives; Track Enablement Programs; Ensure System Integrators are getting proper architectural, proposal & technical support; Help System Integrators win business
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years’ experience in technical sales, engineering and business development roles with enterprise IT technology vendors
- Strong knowledge of Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Data and Analytics, Security, Blockchain, IOT technologies
- Strong demonstrated expertise in creating, executing on, and driving Cloud solutions and strategies including systems, especially in the context of major partnerships
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management
- Great team player, strong drive. willing to take leadership role in driving initiatives, strong business acumen and negotiation abilities, working across organizations, and creating new opportunities
- Knowledge of Industry Verticals like Banking, Healthcare, Automotive, Insurance, Energy and Utilities, and others.
- Demonstrated success in winning large, complex deals
- Demonstrated success in establishing teaming agreements with vendors or partners
- Demonstrated success in Digital solutions and strategy
- Familiarity with a broad range of application and infrastructure software is desirable
- Ability to travel 50%+
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical or Business undergraduate degree desired, MBA a plus
About Business Unit“This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.”
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.”
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.