Be part of Texan’s growth and advance your career today! Sales Representatives are the heart of the company. As a highly motivated and driven sales professional you will maintain, penetrate, and grow the business. You will foster relationships and stay in touch with our valued customers and partnered vendors to routinely look after all their buying needs by providing “Product Expert Advice.”
At Texcan we advise customers on over 10,000 products to ensure we provide our customers with the appropriate product for their technical, pricing, shipping and order needs etc. while being mindful of profitability of each sales transaction. We also connect with customers daily to ensure we are delivering service that meets and exceeds their needs. The role consists of immediate to long sales cycles, which requires tenacity to close the sale and the work is self-fulfilling. Each sales call is important to engage and captivate our customers to secure sales deals that are profitably rewarding.
Texcan is one of Canada’s largest electrical wire, cable distributors and has been in business for over 40 years. Our core business is in the electrical market, we serve customers through multiple channels of distribution with an expanding range of products and specialized services.
We supply solutions primarily for industrial, institutional, residential, commercial and renewables. Furthermore, we support automotive, power distribution, control, premise wiring and networking applications. Our commitment to superior customer service is the number of reasons our customers keep coming back.
We are a proud member of the Sonepar Group, the world’s largest privately held electrical distributor. The Sonepar Group is present in more than 44 countries on 5 continents with approximately 2,800 locations and 46,000 employees.
Why Join Us?
- High income potential with an attractive salary and bonus opportunity.
- Flexible benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, RRSP, Company paid life insurance and more!
- Employee Referral provides the opportunity to earn more while you work by referring one of the best you know.
- We house the largest inventory to better service our customers and deliver on sales commitments.
- You will be working for the world's #1 privately held business to business distributor of electrical products and related solutions.
- Be part of an ISO certified company with a strong quality assurance program and new technologies which help you perform at your best.
We are seeking an Outside Sales Representative for our Edmonton, AB location. This position is responsible for generating sales with existing customers and developing opportunities with new customers within assigned territory.
- Scheduling appointments and visiting existing customers to review product needs and determining other opportunities.
- Providing product quotes as required.
- Organizing and attending joint sales calls with Vendors.
- Opening new accounts.
- Continuously updating customers on product changes and modifications.
- Providing solutions to customers’ problems.
- Attending Trade Shows and Conferences (if applicable).
- Product introduction of new releases.
- Liaising between customers and the company for up-to-date status of service, pricing and new product release launches.
- Preparing reports for marketing and sales and keeping expense accounts.
- Performing maintenance and updating of customers’ accounts including contact names for future sales.
- Keeping up to date on new products, services, procedures and tools by attending training and departmental meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have your own reliable vehicle.
- 50% of outside travel – primary territory northern Alberta.
- When visiting customer within city limits. The expectation would be to come into the office in the beginning of the day and near the end of the day.
- Most trips are scheduled and pre planned. However, depending on business needs there can be trips with minimal notice.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 - 4 year of business development experience.
- Preferable work experience in industrial or technical sales.
- High School Diploma required.
- Post-Secondary education in Business Management/and or Bachelor of Commerce with courses taken in Sales and/or Marketing are preferred.
- Strong understanding of solution selling vs. price.
- The role includes a strong understanding of sales margins, product sourcing, pricing, and negotiations.
- Candidate must show progressive sales accomplishments.
- Strong business acumen and professional approach to offering effective services and solutions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to conduct professional business meetings and/or presentations.
- CRM experience preferred.
We are interested in knowing more about you! Start an exciting career and enjoy a number of employee benefits by applying online. Texcan thanks all applicants, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
To explore and learn more about Texcan, please visit www.texcan.com.
Watch our employee videos on our new careers page: https://www.texcan.com/careers.
Visit our other social media sites:
YouTube: Texcan Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Must wear a mask when entering the building or leaving workstation.
- Hand Sanitizers and wipes provided.
- Practicing physical distancing (desk are 6 ft. apart).