Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
In this role, you will be part of a team of product marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging and integrated GTM of Splunk’s solutions. You will focus on launching new solutions specific to IT Operations and how to bring them to market effectively. Driving product usage, customer behavior, and back-end business processes are only a few of the exciting use cases you’ll explore and drive in this role.
You will define meaningful ways to engage relevant personas and market use cases effectively. You will develop thought leadership and campaign content to drive demand. You will help navigate market segments and produce the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities. You should have a bias for action, a willingness to learn and burning desire to win in this market.
The position is based either at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco or San Jose, California, or can be remote for the right candidate, and is an outstanding opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and market-leading enterprise technology company. Experience in product and solution marketing with a can-do, dynamic orientation is essential.
- Create clear, differentiated messaging and positioning for new offers. Work closely with product management, field sales, inside sales, and others to refine messaging for target user and buyer personas.
- Drive go-to-market alignment across marketing, sales, and customer success teams.
- Plan and execute product launch including securing customer references and creating sales training and enablement materials for the field and partners.
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for website, collateral, PR, media and industry analyst briefings, tradeshows, online marketing, customer stories etc.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, industry analyst briefings, etc.
- Develop sales tools such as sales kits, ROI analysis, qualification and messaging guides to enhance sales effectiveness.
- Assist the field sales organization by providing his/her expertise in specific sales situations.
- Develop collateral pieces including white papers and presentations.
- 12+ years experience in relevant enterprise software; customer-side experience a plus.
- Relevant domain expertise in IT Operations or DevOps marketing and Customer Experience; knowledge of industry trends and dynamics is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create effective presentations.
- Be a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Will require travel to industry conferences, customer visits, sales meetings and other places both U.S. and international.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- BS in technical discipline or equivalent; MBA preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.