Hiebing is a full-service marketing agency focused on driving momentum for the brands and clients we serve. We are a curious crew who live by a We Before Me credo, knowing that teams outperform individuals and that we always have each other’s backs. We have the privilege to serve within our communities, donating thousands of hours of our time in pro-bono work for organizations making meaningful change. Camaraderie is real (as is the Beer Fairy). And together we generate great work, good karma and a pretty nice chunk of bonus money for everyone at the end of a good year. Come learn and grow with us.
Hiebing is an integrated marketing and brand development firm. We are hiring for our Account Management department, which is responsible for ensuring that the target market is kept top-of-mind as we lead strategy and execution on behalf of our client’s brands and businesses.
We are currently seeking an account supervisor, to serve as the lead in developing and executing brand strategy and marketing plans and act as a highly-skilled and professional conduit between the Hiebing teams and the client to ensure strategic outcomes and open, productive communication. In addition to having a deep understanding of their target markets, they will also demonstrate a strong understanding of their client’s business, industry and competitors. They will shape the strategic direction of annual plans and campaign message strategies, and run businesses independently. They will develop strong, trusting relationships with clients that facilitate the ability to grow business based on opportunities they unearth through strategic insights. They will oversee and grow junior account staff through training, review and thoughtful delegation to help ensure even workflow within their team. The Account Supervisor must be passionate about great work, bringing the highest level of integrity, standard of excellence and positive energy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- From a client perspective, lead major projects and oversee marketing plan executions. This will likely span several clients.
- Serve as internal project lead and target market authority within a client group.
- Establish strategic direction for a client’s brand and drive the development of strategic planning documents and marketing strategy.
- Champion smart, strong creative while rigorously representing the target and the client’s business at all phases of the work.
- Initiate and oversee client-deep-dives and other research developed by ACs and AEs on your team.
- Identify opportunities to add more value to client work/brands and serve as a leader in problem-solving with client concerns as needed.
- Train other teammates on how to best translate client needs into project briefs and updates, including timeline, budget and strategic inputs.
- Lead or trigger the tough conversations that may be needed to keep projects on track and work at a high level of excellence.
- Obtain client approval at appropriate stages of project, keeping agency staff involved and informed.
- Drive synergy between all Hiebing functional teams (Digital, PR & Social media, Insights, Creative, Media, etc.).
- Responsible for overall client budgets and oversight of monthly billing with an eye to profitability and accuracy across assigned clients. Organize and maintain Retainer billing structures for clients as needed.
- Supervise, guide and train Sr. Account Executive, Account Executive and Account Coordinator.
- Participate and/or lead in internal Hiebing committees and new business pitches.
The successful candidate should possess at least seven to ten years of agency or brand management experience and the desire to learn more to become an even stronger marketer.
A bachelor’s degree or higher is a must.
- Ability to articulate and understand the emotional context and motivations of varying target markets to create true brand devotion.
- Be able to identify and deliver high-quality input for kickoffs and reviews.
- The foresight to anticipate and adjust course as needed, strategically or tactically, to ensure quality deliverables.
- You must be able to manage a high quantity of details with swift precision, be a self-starter, detail-oriented, critical thinker and comfortable being a hub of communication.
- Experience managing multiple client accounts and working with cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment and ability to thrive under pressure.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- The ideal candidate should have a can-do attitude, curiosity, integrity and a We Before Me philosophy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship now or in the future